Reviews for Different
ccase13 chapter 2 . 10/29/2011
Sam really should have had a little more care of Bobby than he did but all he could do was miss Dean.
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 2 . 2/7/2010
Well, Bobby is amazing! *-* I love the way he's always there for the boys... So why wouldn't I love one fic at Bobby's POV? xDD

The way he is always taking responsabilities because of then, risking himself and everything else for then... That makes him a father for then, and a hell of a good one!

He and John are completely different and I'm pretty sure they needed that kind of father as much as they needed John.

So, I loved it

Kisses

Rosetta
keiron chapter 2 . 10/4/2009
Great writing as expected. I really am amazed with how much you know the "fictional" characters of Sam, Dean, and Bobby... like you're one of 'em Kripke and Co! The cadence of the words sometimes make your prose sound lyrical and poetic already... Thanks for this, and more to come. May I ask for a Dean and Castiel fic with their new dynamics and friendship?
x.lizzy.x chapter 2 . 8/31/2009
wow...again...amazingness...

it's one of those things that isn't dramatically sad but touching enough to make ya wanna cry...lol

this is amazing! :D

fantastic job! :D
x.lizzy.x chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
wow...I love the beginning paragraph...it's amazing and beautiful...

and is it weird that I can hear Bobby's voice saying that? like in my head?

wow..I think I need mental help! LOL

very nice job writin Bobby and how he talks...very in-character...prolly the best I've seen on here :D
Angel's Rest chapter 2 . 8/28/2009
It's always nice to see the boys taking care of each other. Throw Bobby in taking care of them both, and I'm one happy camper!

As always, Clair does a great job with Bobby. And the boys. I love how Dean knows Sam so well and how Bobby wants so badly to help both boys. And how Sam is so determined to save Dean.
marinawings chapter 2 . 7/19/2009
great story! bobby's voice is spot on. and i love the interactoin between the brothers. good work!
Phx chapter 2 . 7/17/2009
Aw, girl, I didn't do anything :) but I will admit I love the subtle changes you made to the last part. It took off some of Sam's anger and made it more painful and heart-breaking.

Thank God they have Bobby. But that poor man has his hands full and I do think, as I was reading this, that the one thing Bobby never took into consideration when he promised this to Dean was that Bobby himself would be hurting when Dean died as well. And that is why I do think Sam did manage to shake Bobby after such a short time.

I still hate that deal, mostly because Sam tried so hard to save his brother and, in the end, Sam's best wasn't good enough. Yeah, I get now that he had both Heaven and Hell working against him, setting him up for to release Lucifer but things just got so twisted with that deal and the aftermath that the hero Sam really is, is not appreciated or even hardly seen. Except by the few people who love both brothers enough not to lay the blame on one.

Good job.
PADavis chapter 2 . 7/15/2009
Love this character vignettes you are creating. And the characters you've developed for the boys and Bobby.

Phoebe
supernaturaldh chapter 2 . 7/14/2009
Well that was really good and thoughtful. Bobby left standing only at the end was priceless and so Sam and Dean!
Meggin Lane chapter 2 . 7/13/2009
Wonderful contrast of the three personalities. It really showed that you have the skil of making a character come to life and be felt as real through the use of dialogue.

I really liked how you placed the mantle of responsibility on Bobby's shoulders, how he knew 'his' boys well enough that he really understood how lost Sam would be without Dean. It showed how stand alone in nature Sam had always been, that he only allowed Dean to care for him as a matter of pride. Anyone else and it would be charity and Sam's too stubborn for that.

I really, really liked how you emphasised their closeness to eachother through Bobby's observation that they might be poor in material possessions but they were far richer than anyone he knew in their deep and abiding caring for eachother.

And having the Winchester name stand for so many noble and ornery things too.

And ultimately the sense of helplessness Bobby had in watching this train wreck of Dean's Deal unfold.

You really have a handle on the support each side of this family's triangle needs to bear to keep all three men going on in their lives.
TraSan chapter 2 . 7/13/2009
“Dean - Sam’s different from you. He’s different from me, from John, he’s different from every hunter I ever met. Sam’s different ‘cause he’s still got hope. And God help us all the day he loses that.”

It took a long minute but finally,

“I know.”

If that isn't one of the great truths about S4. Because I believe that's exactly what happened, and you see where that got us.

Again, beautiful characterization and lovely moments. Great job!
sidjack chapter 2 . 7/13/2009
Auugh. You are ripping my heart out. This is just so wonderful. Bobby and the boys and I swear this was just like watching an episode. Great voice, attitudes and spot on Winchester Psych 101. Bobby at the end had me snorting Pepsi on my brand new keyboard. You so owe me..."And I was left standing alone on the sidewalk of a Georgia diner." *sigh*

But I think this story makes me owe you, it's just that well done.

sid
amyblair chapter 2 . 7/13/2009
Really, really, really good. Nice job.
Sotobow chapter 2 . 7/13/2009
Good chapter. Love how Dean knew exactly what Sam was going to do even while he couldn't see him, and how Sam only asked Dean for help at the end. And I think you were right about Sam and hope. Poor Bobby, too.