Reviews for The Twelve Interludes to the Life of Daniel Meade
a tattered rose chapter 1 . 2/6
I absolutely love this. I haven't read anything with this sort of structure in a long time, so that alone brings warm fuzzies. But the character progression is amazing, and I really enjoy that this highlights many moments Daniel is sharper, pointier, alongside some softer moments. It does make it feel like interludes, running underneath what we saw on screen.

The last one does feel a little weird to me, because Betty wouldn't sleep with him if he's still at a "friend but maybe more?" stage, so I'd prefer to see that one swapped out with xi as a postscript. But either way a powerful ending to a delightfully complicated piece :D
Leppy99 chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
Love it .cant wait for ur next update
BforMe chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
I really love this piece and I can't tell you how many times I've read it. It's so believable to see Daniel be so mean in the beginning, and fall in love by the end. My favorite part is #10. To see them so relaxed with one another to the point where he's in the office, laying on her lap, and she's playing with his hair…sigh! I love the image of it. It's been years but I hope you'll reconsider writing Betty's POV.
11nivea342 chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
this is a BEAUTIFUL piece. just beautiful. amazing work.
ChristinaAngel chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
I like seeing how Daniel gradually warms up to Betty, how he gets less shallow everyday, how she puts him in his place and how she gets under his skin by just being herself. It's really sweet how he comforts her about Henry.

The last bit was so Daniel because with his family and his string of girls, Betty is the only constant in his life and I didn't really expect him to say that he needed as more (even if I wanted him to) but I liked the ending anyway.
dulceInvierno chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
could be larger! or a secuel? please :D

beautiful

thank u!
Owl Emporium chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
This was really, really good. Although, Daniel is kinda mean in the beginning...but it was good. Great job! (:
SewerUrchin chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
I usually don't pop out of my hidey-hole much anymore to review, but after reading this, I had to. I think you should know you write some of the best Detty fic I've ever read, and the best Daniel in particular. Because the Daniel you write is a lot darker (read: a lot hotter) than the one we usually get in UB fanfic and on the show itself. Sometimes the show tends to forget that, yes, Daniel can be an asshat. You don't forget. Instead you write a complicated and flawed yet ultimately redeemable character. And the smoking and rough sex? Way, way hot. You know he does that kind of thing.

I also love how your Daniel evolves believably. He thinks such nasty, cringe-worthy thoughts about her at the beginning and yet she begins to grow on him in spite of himself.

So in conclusion, I shall be eagerly awaiting Betty's POV. Thank you so much for your beautiful writing. Count me among your avid fans.

Regards,

Meg
avidreader16 chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
i absolutely love your story. Its great. I am stuck between who i like more Gio or Daniel.
MandyCakes chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
absolutely wonderful story! i love the way it's put together! bravo!
Lady Babette chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
This one actually brought tears to my eyes. It was wonderful. Bravo.
AndromedaAiken chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
This was absolutely lovely! Write more soon! :)
didi6 chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
Great storie, whrite soon!

I love it!
Bboop chapter 1 . 6/11/2009
I liked your story! And Id love to read Bettys POV. Hope you decide to write it, because for me this chapter was great (I really felt like I was on Daniel mind)