Reviews for New Beginnings
triolet chapter 5 . 5/18/2012
Brilliant stuff. Loved it so much was reading it at 4am. Very interesting pairing. Thank you so much. Dawn bedtime now. :-s
Nepenthe70 chapter 5 . 9/20/2011
I really enjoyed this - Susan and Lennier are two of my favorite characters, and you not only nailed their personalities and interactions with others, but you also made me realize that these two are kind of perfect for one another. If only MJS had seen it...
Starfire201 chapter 5 . 7/17/2009
Good conclusion. Judging from the fact you had Lennier with facial hair there, one could easily say that HE was a Child of Valen/Jeff Sinclair. And it seems Lennier is not above getting a bit of amusement about making Sheridan squirm just a bit. Well handled with the getting the relationship back on track. I will look forward to the next bit of writings, whatever they may be about.
Nyt Yanse chapter 5 . 7/17/2009
Brilliant ending to the story! It finished it up quite nicely- any chance of a sequel?
Starfire201 chapter 4 . 7/11/2009
I almost didn't find this, as I don't usually search for All Ratings on this fandom, but I do understand why you bumped it up a bit. Definitely is getting a bit more adult here, no doubt about that.

If only Cirra knew that it was those so-called "saviors" who instigated the IA's attack. He'd be a bit more wary then, and likely hate them even more. And little does he know that by the time he made his report, his plan had failed big time, and HE was the one under suspicion. I think he will find how valuable he really is to them when it finally gets to that point.

Nice romantic development between Susan and Lennier by the way. I am beginning to think, though, that it seems almost star-crossed somehow.

Vir's sister is definitely taking a lot of chances for the telepaths. It's no wonder that Vir is getting concerned over her safety. I like how you're covering the telepaths' plight on Centauri Prime and it is small wonder the Drakh are making them "disappear". They were the only ones who could really detect the Drakh and the Shadows, and since the Vorlons created them, it makes sense that the Drakh would want them gone. The reason I like you covering this is because the only mention ever given to the Centauri telepaths in the Legions of Fire series was one sentence saying what Cartagia had done to the telepathic women who surrounded the emperor by tradition. One sentence, and that was it. This is more involved and is a good read. Makes sense for Vir to use every resource at his disposal.

The Drakh though, always struck me as a bit petty, and very dangerous because of that. They have either ignored or chosen not to believe the fact that the Shadows did not HAVE to leave. As I recall, both the Vorlons and the Shadows threatened Delenn and Sheridan when they got between them and wouldn't let either side have their way. They could have just simply wiped out the allied force and stayed, and continued their fight with the Vorlons. They chose to go. And they did so not simply because they were ordered to by Delenn and Sheridan, but because of reassurances by their own "Father" and his arguments that it was time for the younger races to stand on their own. The Drakh don't seem to want to believe that the Shadows themselves made the choice to go when they didn't have to, and are striking out like spoiled little children who can't get their own way. Dangerous spoiled children who believe they were abandoned, too. Not those you would really want to cross.

This chapter was very good, and seems like things are really starting to get warmed up quite a bit, and even more dangerous with each chapter. See you next time.
Nyt Yanse chapter 4 . 7/11/2009
Ouch! Break everyone's heart why don't you! ;) I love the angst and crossed wires here- it's very difficult to pull off right and you have.

One thing that threw me a bit- I didn't understand the whole flash-forward bit at the start of the chapter. Why bring that forward?

Other than that, I loved it! Can't wait to see more!
Starfire201 chapter 3 . 6/26/2009
Interesting alternate future you have here. And it does seem like you had Sheridan find out about the vow Delenn made. JMS may have had his own versions of what the future was, but yours are indeed just as interesting.
Nyt Yanse chapter 3 . 6/25/2009
Still Brilliant! I love the way that Vir and Lennier are still friends like they were on the station and Vir's grown up. It's great!
Bumbleb. Free chapter 2 . 6/21/2009
Wow! I'm really not an Ivanova/Lennier-shipper, but this was excellently written and wonderfully executed. Can't wait to read more by you.
Nyt Yanse chapter 2 . 6/20/2009
Ivanova/Lennier? Whodathunk!

Again, brilliant addition to the story, excellently written and wonderful descriptive and narrative styling. I can hardly wait to read the rest of the story!
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
A great story. Very good.
Starfire201 chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
The Legions of Fire series gave no indication that there were other attempts by the Centauri to go after David, but it would make sense if some splinter group did try just to gain approval of those in charge. Speaking of that series, had you read it? Because Vir organized a rebellion there too. If you hadn't, it's quite the coincidence.

As for everything else, it is truly frightening what fanatics will do sometimes. And it actually was a plausible explanation of why Lennier never appeared again, if he was acting as a spy.
Nyt Yanse chapter 1 . 6/11/2009
Brilliant story! I loved the interaction between the Sheridans and their Ranger guards- I can see it happening!