Reviews for Fireflies
Cynogriffon chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
soooooo cute! also made me cry
Why do I do that?
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
Sweet.
forTheLoveOfHades chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
awww
Wagthedog chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
Wonderful story, thank you. I love fic that has a softness and believability to it. Quiet moments between friends and family where emphasis is on character.
Agena K chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Oh! Calenlass! I was so remiss in not reviewing before! I'm so sorry!

This is so good that it hurts. the writing is tender, gentle, caring magical, loving between all three brothers, with the breadth of time in the flashbacks and the hope for Estel's future.

I love the fireflies, and Ro dropping the apple on Dan but I think that this is my favorite bit:

."Elrohir left the room, but Elladan lingered a little while longer, gazing down at his youngest brother.

But for now, just be Estel Elrondion and our brother. A child, innocent of conflicts upon this earth.

Hannad.

Agena

He closed the door behind him, heading for his own room.

Enjoy your childhood while you can, Estel.

And outside, a firefly flew about, glowing brightly.

The End

Wow! such older brotherly tenderness. You made me cry for the beauty of it all. thanks.

Agena.
Darkover chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
This was sweet! You did a nice job portraying the twins; I felt sympathy for their view-particularly true from the POV of an Elf-that childhood, like mortal life, is fleeting. I also enjoyed the metaphor of the fireflies. I enjoyed reading this story. Thank you for writing and posting it. Sincerely, Darkover
blindrain chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
:D

Aw...

Fireflies are the best. Especially at night. Your childhood isn't complete unless you spend many fruitless hours trying to get one of them to sit on you. :D (-.- Of course, I think I took many fruitless days...)

Good story!
shadesilver chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
Good job. :)

I like what the fireflies stand for. :)
Ochoika chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
i really like it ! you says you don't know if animals understand Quenya .. i don't know but why not ? it's possible. and this is cute !

And see a young Estel so innocent is so adorable ! :-)
LisaG16 chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
Very cute! Reminds me of warm summer nights when we used to chase after fireflies in my backyard. :)
Emily chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
Aw, how cute. : )
RiverOtter1 chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Hello!

Ah, a sweet little story that really warms your heart. This story really made my day, and I want to say thank you for writing it. :) I think you caught Elladan, Elrohir and Estel's personalities perfectly, which really made them come alive in my mind. Thanks very much fro writing this, and I look forward to more of you work!

Happy Writing!

-RiverOtter1
Irritable Insanity chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
Very nice. Not too long, but long enough to develop the plot nicely. I enjoyed seeing Elladan and Elrohir as very quiet, matured Elves who still have know how to laugh and enjoy some things with Estel. It's hard to write interactions between older and younger character, and I think you hit this on the head as well as their characters.

They were very grim on the battlefield from my understand (and with reason considering what happened to their mother), but I cannot imagine that they were hard-edged all around.

Estel is very child-like and in character as a child. I used to fret about killing things accidentally, and he has that wide-eyed innocence that you tried and succeeded so well at capturing. It's great to see what that hardened old soldier Tolkien presented us would have been like as a little kid. Love the young Estel stuff. Looking at this, I can say that it's a little sad that he must grow up, but he'd never fulfill his destiny otherwise.
Ne'ith5 chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
Perfectly charming story! I'm glad to see you are writing again it was certainly worth the wait.
Larner chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
I so love this one, Calenlass! And I so look forward to reading more of Apostate's Ruse!