Reviews for But Not Jim Kirk
bowlfullofcherries chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
s'good. the oc was very much in 3d. as alive and (potentially) interesting as the bridge crew.
yamikinoko chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
Yeegh. I squirmed in discomfort when I fully considered what Kirk was going through. You portrayed that confrontation well, without even saying anything. Extra points to you. I really enjoyed this!
Jan-AQ chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
lovely. Great story. Beautiful.
rosebudmelissa chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
Great story! Love the tie-in to the original series. And Kirk trying to break the news that he's acting captain. very well-written.
Dream's Abyss chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
I'm glad you included someone who had been important to Kirk from the original series (before he went bug nuts and tried to kill everybody that is).
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
It's hard growing up, especially when it happens so fast. There will be some people that won't really accept it-I've always wondered if Gary was one of them. Good one-shot.
graceandfire chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
Yay! Kirk has another friend :)

I liked this. I think it was realistic given Kirk's sudden drastic change in circumstances. And the thought of Gary transferring to the Enterprise is intriguing.
kimmerrz chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
Awesome story! I always wondered how the others reacted to Jim becoming captain! :) I'm glad you brought Gary in. He's cool, and it's totally sad what happened to him in TOS. You should write Jim talking to him mom, if you have the time. I always wanted to see that!
PDXWiz chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
Another great little piece. Backstory tidbits are wonderful for a hardcore geek like me. And having Gary around...well, it makes sense that he and Kirk still met.

Ah, neat to see someone else pick up on the idea of Winona serving in Starfleet.

You are really developing a good feel for the characters of the reboot. Thanks for continuing to add to your stories!

Gordon
Haiza Tyri chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Magnificent, again. I love how you slip into the cracks of the stories and tell a story that wasn't told but could have been.
Tharin chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
Great that you've brought Gary into this universe. I guess he and Jim Kirk are a lot more alike here then in TOS. Oh, and I love it that you've managed to get Kirk on the "Farragut". It gives his ability to be Captain of a starship a little more solid backround. Once again, a nice story. ST:09 seems to keep you busy :-)
mlgm chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
Another beautiful little slice of the aftermath. Love how it's hitting Jim that everything is going to be different now - even friendships. Maybe especially friendships. Going to be interesting to see him try to be a student again after all of this.

More please.
Pippin-The-Hobbit chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
I love this, I can just imagine how people would react elsewhere in Starfleet on hearing the story - or that Kirk was anywhere near commanding the fleet's newest flagship!
beaglelvr93 chapter 1 . 6/11/2009
Wow! Loved the twist at the end - I'd love to hear that conversation!
AllieMcD chapter 1 . 6/11/2009
i loved this fic so much, its really nice to see jim has another close friend, i love bones, but this is a different kind of friendship and you could really feel it, i love him contacting people in the aftermath, i only wish there was more i would love to read the conversation with his mom and brother too