Reviews for People & Lights
jackiemack916 chapter 1 . 8/9
An amazing story. Great job.
Angelalex242 chapter 1 . 12/13/2014
Silly Mara. "Nope, I can't pregnant, not ever...oh, hi, Ben..."

Pity it didn't turn out this way. This would've prevented Callista from ever happening.
HopelessRomantic chapter 1 . 4/24/2014
Wow! Your story is probably one of the best I've read. You write well-it flows and is captivating. Your Luke and Mara are spot on. Loved it!
draco122 chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
That was a very nice story. I would do all the autohrs of the books proud. It was touching and powerful. I loved every bit of it. Once and while you find a story that takes yoru breath away and speaks to you in ways that are hard to describe. This story was one of those.
Queen-Of-Heroes chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
A thing of beauty. Very well done
Lisa chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
Wonderful, thank you
DarkShura chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
Wonderful story.
Reverse Keyblade chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
Um, I love you. I'm planning on writing some fics in the TZ style. IMO, the EU ended after Vision of the Future, because everything else was crap (Aka Traviss, etc). Fantastic job!
Ellaisintheair chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
This was beautiful and very well written.

J. Bredin chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
Wow I'm surprised I never stumbled upon this story before. It is beautifully crafted and written. The dialog and thoughts true to characters and their relationship as Zahn created. I never liked the while 10 year courtship either. The last rooftop scene in The Last Command was begging for a kiss that never surfaced. I'm far from one to talk but I hope you write something more soon for these characters. You have beautiful insight to them and their Force bond.
O.verP.owered chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
fiesa chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
An AU story so beautiful I wish it could have been canon, as much as I love Timothy Zahn's version of Luke's and Mara's advancing relationship.

In the course of your story - I really love the title, it's so beautiful - you drew an amazing picture of two characters which are complex and complicated, distant and closer than any other people could imagine ever being. You nailed their personalities spot-on and there wasn't a single moment when I thought "Wait a moment, he/she wouldn't have done/said that!"

I especially loved the small details you planted into the story. I often wasn't sure whether they were imagined or based on facts - for example, the phrase stitched onto Luke's pilot overall, Mara's feelings towards the emperor, the fact that Leia felt like Luke wouldn't be /hers/ when he returned, Luke liking weird blue milk, Han's story about his friends laughing at Luke, Luke saying he wished he had a picture of his aunt and uncle, Luke being cold because he was used to the desert climate, Tycho feeling hurt when seeing Luke with Mara, Karrde's complex feelings towards his second-in-command...

On the other side, there were those scenes I wished would never end - or, at least, I wished I could cut out and glue somewhere so I could read it again and again.

Luke talking to Artoo, for example, and Artoo using Threepioh's soundcode for "complaining". The moment when Luke came to Mara's cabin on their ship, when she was having nightmares, and she allowed him to stay. The moment Mara laid eyes on Dagobah for the first time. The fact that Luke eased up as soon as they were gone, that he likes to tease Mara, to make her laugh and to touch her. The scene when Mara describes when she first saw Luke (and the way the Emperor taught her how to heal blaster burns, which was incredibly sad, as well). The fact that Luke is an early riser and even wakes with dawn on Tatooine even though he probably hasn't been there for years is absolutely cute, and his good mood is a nice opposite to Mara's occasional grouchyness. The time Mara got hurt and healed herself. Mara's thoughts at Luke having a nightmare - "the only person in the world more afraid for me than of me" - that sentence was amazing! And, of course, the way the situation in their lightsaber fight turns from funny to serious. The way Mara congratulates Luke by kicking him in the ribs. Mara and Luke discussing family - I never learned what had actually happened to her family though I read all the books about her and Luke I could get my hands on, but I think your story is perfect. The way they decide to return again is great, too, as is everything that follows, including the last part in which Luke is ready to promise Mara anything because he wants to marry her. And when Luke started to cough I thought you'd give him some evil sickness. It was nice to see Mara was able to help nicely and clean! The way you described their sudden connection was beautiful. And, last, but not least, the image of Mara alone on a vast field was heartbreakingly sad and yet wonderful. I think you managed really well to let her have an encounter with the dark side which was as cryptic as Luke's. To me it was unclear whether she had won or lost to the Emperor - I don't know if you had the intention to write either one situation - but since it probably didn't matter much next to the consequences the encounter alone had created I doubt I would have had to decide on one interpretation. Especially great was the part in which Mara fights the Emperor with Luke's Jedi Codex! She has grown so much. I doubt it would have worked if she hadn't believed in it, hadn't been able to live by it. Luke drawing a map of the galaxy on Mara's stomach was an incredibly wonderful part, as well (he'll have to ask Artoo about the exact location of that planet) and the end, as I already mentioned, was perfect. Not too much happy end to be unrealistic but enough to hope and pray for a good future for the two of them.

I hope you don't mind too much that I've been ranting on. Thank you for writing and sharing this wonderful story! It made my evening just perfect.
Elendil chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
It was truely a wonderful story and I would like to thank you for writing it.

Being a fan of the Luke/Mara couple, I appreciated the books of Timothy Zahn and those of the New Jedi Order, where their relationship was sometimes torn by the disease of Mara and the threat of the Yuuzhan Vong.

I found the bond they share normally in your fiction, in a light both familiar and refreshing because their feelings were still unsure. In a way, I would have prefered to see that kind of scene in Vision of the Future. Your characters seem to be more alive, more sensible than their canon counterparts.

That's why I want to thank you again for sharing this story with us. May the Force be with you. ;)
TwinsinsThlee chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
Oh this was such a good story!

Keep up the good work, I really enjoyed it!
Ma Vie Merveilleuse chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
This was absolutely wonderful. I wish there was more good Luke/Mara AU "no-ten-year-courtship" fic out there- this is definitely the best I've read. I would love to see a sequel, and I can't wait to read more of your fic.