Reviews for Severance
Amu chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
Wow...just Wow...
c.p.f syndrom chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
whoa.

I'm thinking since he said her friends are waiting for her that she's in a coma.

make a sequal please!
You've Been Hit By A Reviewer chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
That is a gorgeous finale. If I'm quite honest I don't get what's going on as such, but I think the piece does have moments of definitive beauty.
sakuuya chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
My first thought when I saw this story on the page was, "ZOMG! She stole my title!" despite the fact that this is really obviously not the case. I admit that my knee-jerk reaction against reading a fic with the same title as one of mine is what kept me from reading and reviewing up til now.

And that was damn stupid of me. I like AUs, and I like KI darkfic. So this was really, really great. I am usually not a fan of the whole it-was-just-a-dream-style ending, but you pulled it off all right.

As one of your previous reviewers said, the description was the strongest part of this story. You convey Ichigo's isolation-and desolation-fantastically, and I especially liked how you never left her little room, so the reader has no way to know how much of what's going on is really happening.

I'd like to respectfully disagree with that other reviewer on one thing, though: I don't really think this was a hopeful fic. The fact that Ichigo remains hopeful, despite her complete inability to change her situation and knowledge that her only comfort is a hallucination, seems even more bleak than if she'd felt defeated at the end. I don't know how you intended it to be read-though I'd love to find out!-but I thought such a layeredly (Yeah... that's not a word) dark ending was gutsy and awesome of you.

That said, I do think the story would have been stronger if you'd written it in the first person. Whatever's going on with Ichigo, I would have liked to have her tell it to us herself. Even the ending would have been better in first person; I'm much more willing to accept endings like this one if they're due to an unreliable narrator, but third-person narrators aren't as good at unreliability.

Don't get me wrong, though. This was a great fic, the kind of completely out-there thing that this fandom desperately needs.
aurla0 chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
thats so sad
Sakura chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
Let's just say, your story is kind of like a gold star in the middle of a bunch of bronze ones- please elaborate, please?
Fireflies Glow chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
Hi!

Darn. I wish that I wrote this! It's cool how it was an illusion (or at least from my understanding. I might be wrong.)

Once again, I want to tell you about how much I like your writing style. It seems to have this kind of sad-ish kind of tone. Bleh. Sorry, I probably totally just explained that wrong, but I'll think of some better wording soon.

My favorite parts:

[There are reds, yellows, greens, purples—colours both pronounced and translucent, different hues and saturations, heat and cold and light and dark in one large nebula of life. It isn’t perfect, that world, but it is happy, an emotion lost to her so long ago that she can barely remember what it feels like to smile.]

Hmm, colors. I'm starting to think that this is a fabulous way to describe things, emotions and such thanks to you!

[He whispers into her ear, reassuring words, phrases that have no meaning to anybody but her.]

Some things have no meanings to certain people, and they're only meant for others. What a wonderful way of conveying this!

[And it never occurs to her to wonder when her worst enemy had become her strongest hope, when everything she hated about him had become her lifeline. It never occurs to her, because he is not the enemy anymore.

He hasn’t been for a long time.]

I love how he's done a total 180 in her opinion of him. It's fantastic. It's kind of like this surrender for her... Love it!

[For even if he is not real, she knows he’ll be back.]

It's sad, but hopeful. It's touching.

The only thing I wanted was a bit more plot/background story, but I still adore this piece.

Great job... again!

~ Bunny,

Fireflies Glow
AcidGreen chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
Woah... O.o I never thought that it could possibly exist this kind of fics... I liked it, but it's making me a little sad, y'know...

bravo!