Reviews for Geek
flower pot girl chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
Lovely. Tony so lacks family and a lot of their dynamic is brotherly.
Dreamer22 chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
very interesting, well done!
visions2share chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
I love this version of Tony. (Of course I love almost all the favorable versions of Tony!) I think, without checking all the dates, the thing that bugs me about Tony is he has too much life experience in the police world or out-of-school world to be so young. That's my opinion anyway.

Thanks for the good story!

Vi
Hieiko chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
I love this! For a while at the start I actually thought the "geek" was Tim, until he started talking about college, and "it's Tony!" popped into my mind.
letsplaypretend chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
*raises hand* i would like to read some fics like that ;)

anyway, i also really like this story, so good job. :))))
Aurilia chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
Hmm... 2004 - 33 1971 for a DOB. Per ep 2.22, Tony broke his leg in 1994. Per 3.06, we are meant to conclude that this event happened his senior year. 1994 - 1971 23 (though he would have been 22 at the time). Since a BA is (normally) a four year project, Tony would have started college at 18 in 1990 - but the DOB doesn't bear this supposition out. Unless he was a 'fifth year senior', he had to have started college at 19 (assuming that he was turning 33 in 2004), so it is far more likely that he either a) started kindergarten at six, b) was held back a year for whatever reason, or c) wound up taking a year off between high school and college in order to raise the cash to go. Personally, though any of the three preceding scenarios are equally likely, I prefer to go with option 'c' (particularly since Tony's claimed that his dad cut him off from the family funds when he was 12).

Blink. Damn, dude. You managed to make me do math. Do you have any idea how extraordinarily screwed-up that is? I loathe math.

Anyway, weird side-thoughts to the back burner for now - I really loved this story. My favorite bit was how you had me wondering just whose POV we were reading right up until the very end. Masterfully done, mi amigo.

In regards to the website thing saying Tony was 'Class of 1989'...well, see above for what I think about that. However, since it spawned a fantabulous little plot-bunny here, I suppose I can't complain too awful loud or long! In all honesty, I'm a sucker for believable AUs - so, if you were ever inclined to continue this little 'verse, you'd hear absolutely no complaints from me. (Hint, hint.)

I'm right there with you on thinking that Tony's a helluva lot smarter than anyone wants to give him credit for. In fact, his intelligence level was likely a major contributing factor to his non-relationship with his dad (I honestly don't follow the fanon tradition of having his dad being an abusive alcoholic - more that Tony's innate smarts, coupled with his fun-loving nature, likely led to a situation wherein DiNozzo Sr. had no idea how to handle him, especially once his mother died).

Huh. I s'pose we both tend to babble a bit. 'S okay, though. I don't mind babbling when I have the option to go back and edit what I'm 'saying' before the other person gets a chance to 'hear' it.

I don't normally do this (I hate it when I get reviews with requests like this), but I would honestly like your opinion on something - I'm working on my own first NCIS fanfic and, if you've got the time (I know RL takes precedence), would you mind letting me know if I'm getting way 'out there' with my characterizations? I don't employ a beta (mainly because no one ever manages to get back to me when I send them a chapter), and my proofreader is family (and so can't be trusted to give a wholly honest opinion). I don't really do the whole 'ship thing (I'll read any 'ship, depending on my mood, but I don't write romance all that well), just to let you know.

Anyhoozits, I've probably rambled on quite long enough. Thank you for the wonderful read (even if you did make me do math!) and I hope to see more from you in the future. Happy writing!
isabellapurri chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
*"...that really has me tempted to write a sequel/prequel to explore some facets of this version of Tony-and how knowing about it might affect the relationship between Tim and Tony) that there wasn’t space to include in the 1500 words…if the interest is out there to read such fic(s), please let me know."*

yes. please. ok, begging here. *kneels on the floor*. it would be soo cool! this fic was already very, very, very cool. I've read it before, really, but closed the page without adding to my fav. and then I didn't remember the name, just the story, and couldn't find it again... and now I did! yey for me. anyway... it would be awesome reading more of this universe D
SpecialAgentAMB chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
My interest is still there! P Sorry for being a butt and taking 5 years to comment. Great job again!
Krystle3 chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
great little story, I don't usually read anything less than 20,0 words but I read this anyway.

As for the age thing. 1989 is the year that Michael Weatherly (The actor who plays Tony) would have graduated in real life (if he didn't drop out).
Teyerin chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
Great story and a believable, bonding exchange between Tony and Tim. Thanks for sharing this.
Azamiko chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
_
thatsmytrope chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
Yay! A smart Tony fic, lol. The show was really bugging me (and a lot of other people, I guess) by making him seem a little too incompetent this season, so of course it overjoys me to read a fic where he's secretly smart. I think it's sweet that Tony tried to identify with Tim by sharing a personal experience, and it's very believable that, while he was comforted by the gesture and kind words, McGee is reluctant to believe that any of it was true. Anyway, great job! )
Lerrinus chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
Definitely liked your story, I can just imagine this scene happening on the show, well done, you've nailed both guys quite well! :-)
vanishingp2000 chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
I enjoyed this and would happily read a sequel. I actually read it twice as the first time I was alternating between deciding which character was which, this is not a bad thing BTW as you deliberately left ambiguous clues. However, I wanted to reread it to appreciate your Tony, I agree with you, I too think that he is far smarter than he would like others to believe. Thanks for a good read, VP.
Autumn Dae chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
Wow, this was nice. I don't want to say sweet, because these are two guys we're talking about here, but it was. Nice to see em this way. Good job.