Reviews for Parallels
Toris Lietvu Laurinatis chapter 6 . 7/23/2012
I don't get it having no idea who the thieves are even with their names revealed .
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
LOVED This so much
Westron Wynde chapter 6 . 4/17/2010
It's taken me this long to finish R&R'ing this story, because after reading the first chapters, you inspired me to go away and read the stories for myself. Several books and the Anthony Valentine TV series later, I've returned to say what an excellent job you've done capturing the spirit of the original.

I'm not usually a fan of crossovers, but if ever two worlds were likely to cross, who better than those of Holmes and Raffles? This story works, splendidly well, so jolly well done you. And thank you for introducing me to a new character!
IrregularHonour chapter 6 . 10/2/2009
It was really enjoyable to read a story which combined Holmes and Raffles. However, I must be a trife rusty in Raffledom, because my impression of him was always that of a young man- and that he died relatively young as well. Oh well- it was still a very interesting read.
medcat chapter 6 . 8/11/2009
Enjoyed your story :)

Cat
KCS chapter 6 . 8/11/2009
Indice is now my new word for the week, I'll have you know. :)

And so we have Watson to blame for the Hornung nom de plume! Nice touch!

I enjoyed this thoroughly, and the conclusion was well worth waiting for. Thanks!
Aragonite chapter 5 . 7/13/2009
Oh...I really really like this! Raffles is a rascal though...Hard to resist even when you want to spank him!
pebbles66 chapter 4 . 7/12/2009
Well, I've never heard of Raffles, but I think I'll definitely have to look up these books. Parallels, indeed! Looking forward to more!
aragonite chapter 4 . 6/26/2009
Now that's a chapter that satisfies!

I can't imagine what the next one will be like!
KCS chapter 4 . 6/26/2009
I got that vibe too from the Canon - he seemed more interested in his client's apparent madness as he ran along the street than in learning of the bauble's disappearance in BERY. Interesting.

That being said, now I'm wracking my brain to remember where I would have heard of the crime's MO before, but coming up with exactly nothing. Hoorah for waiting and seeing.
rabidsamfan chapter 4 . 6/26/2009
The jewel theory is interesting. And, like Watson, I'm glad that the "mysterious thieves" were not violent during their crime! Makes it easier to be sympathetic.
Protector of the Gray Fortress chapter 3 . 6/20/2009
Wow...to think I condsider myself a Holmesian and I had no idea about the existence of his anithesis.

Well I'm better up now. Thanks to this little gem of a story I've now read three of the Raffles collections and I've also watched most of the 1977 tv show.

So thanks! :D not only is this story brilliant but a deficit in my knowledge has been covered, and I'm treated to the best series of stories i've read since the Holmesian Canon.

Moar please?
KCS chapter 3 . 6/15/2009
Ooh, are we going to get the Borgia pearl story? And find out just why Holmes was so unsuccessful in his first attempt to recover it? *bouncebounce* How interesting, and ominous, judging from those last few paragraphs.
Deana chapter 3 . 6/14/2009
Holmes and Raffles are the perfect opponents. LOL! More soon please!
Deana chapter 2 . 6/14/2009
Ow, poor Bunny! That must hurt!

Yup, indeed I have an original hardcover copy, filled with pages of pictures, even!