Reviews for Falls the Shadow
Skwrl chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
Slightly confusing, but that doesn't matter at all because the beauty of these snippets overrules the confusion :)
I love the last one to bits, thank you so much for a happy end for poor Susan!
Also, #30 is pure gold.
Thank you so much and keep up the good work!
btg chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
:) My fave crossover
clever-robin chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
This...this is *wonderful.* Even if it's only seconds of time and conjecture, I love it. :D
Robin4 chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
Very, very nice. I'm speechless, really. Very well done.
OrionTheHunter chapter 1 . 11/18/2010
Sara Wolfe chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
Tamira chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
And that way Susan would have had the most amazing live of all of them. - And I just realized that I am not even sure if I meaned the Pevensie children or the companions.

Well done!
Raven Aorla chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
Beautiful, especially the implication that he made her qualify for Narnia once more.
TARDISgirl42 chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
Huh? Im so confused...
Watcher of the Moon chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Great work! I really love number three, Susan's always acted older than she is, and given her experiences in Narnia she is. I mean, she became an adult there, then came home and was a kid again. She had a chance to grow up twice, and that would certinly make you older at heart. I liked number nine because she was really showing her more queenly side. Number fourteen is really true of the Doctor. He acts like a big kid, but at times he shows just how powerful he really is. Number fourty was good, because Susan wanted to see something that was close to what she had as a child. The world of king Arthur would be something she could relate to, and help the Doctor to understand her better. And finally, I loved number 50. I'm asuming that Susan is not only speaking of him saving her from harm many times, but in the way of helping her to believe again. By traveling with him it helped her to get over the hurt of losing her family, and helped to save her from hell so when she finally died she could return to Narnia and rejoin her family.
EstellaB chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
This is INCREDIBLY beautiful! I would love to know what made you think it up. The Doctor and Susan are both perfectly, beautifully in character; I have no idea how you made two such different characters from different worlds fit into the same story, and then make their romance believable; you did it never the less. Here is some evidence of what I mean-a few of my favourite sentences:

#3 young

It takes him a grand total of thirty-two seconds to blurt out “I’m sorry, hello, I’m the Doctor, but you have the strangest temporal signature, like you’re much older than you are” and make her look at him like she’s going to slap him.

-Perfectly in character for both of them.

#21 fool

“You are acting like an idiot,” she says in her most regal tones, and he just laughs.

#24 now

The first time she kisses him they’re within thirty minutes of being executed for high treason (she has horrible taste in men) and all she can think is I should have done this at least five planets ago.

-This sums up absolutely every romantic relationship that the Doctor has ever had-and probably Susan's as well-and I couldn't love it more.

#30 ghost

She finds them on her second day in the TARDIS, words that lay open the hearts of all who have gone before her in instruction and prayer – ‘DON’T LET HIM TOUCH THE ORANGE JUICE, HE’LL BE DRUNK FOR DAYS’ someone had scrawled, and nearby in smaller, neater letters ‘ditto for the olive oil’ and at the top someone had written ‘we keep our Doctor safe’ and beneath that in a different script ‘and he saves us’ and underneath that in a third script ‘it’s not a fair trade, but he never complains’. She smiles and reads them all.

-This is too impossibly perfect and made me laugh out loud, and then the bittersweetness at the end is almost too much. It's wonderful.

#40 history

“All of time and space, and you want to see King Arthur’s court,” he says. “Bonkers, that’s what you are.”

-I love the way that Susan is trying to immerse the Doctor in her world, just as she is immersed in his.

#50 believe

“You saved me,” she manages to gasp, and holds onto his hand as she closes her eyes. When she opens them, there is sand between her toes and the sun is shining on a beach she remembers well.

-And a perfect ending.

Seriously, I loved this. 10/Rose is one of my OTPs, but I could not have loved this more. Unless it mentioned Aslan. I'd love for the Doctor to meet Aslan. But other than that, perfect in everyway, and straight to my favourites list.
Rose-Jane chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
umm... well i liked it i just don't understand it completely. Please explain! in order too!
Chance2 chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
This is really beautiful, and so bittersweet and hopeful at the same time. :) Thanks for sharing it!
GluttonousAnorexiaNervosa chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Heh. It is beautiful, and I like the expert use of humor here and there. The pink clothes stand out especially. I enjoyed it.
draignathair chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Definitely an interesting read and combination of worlds. Sometimes seemed a bit too abstract - not quite enough information about each situation. Others were quite apt, especially the first ones (#3 and 4). Now I'm going to have to search for more fiction with this crossover