Reviews for Anticipation
all forms of fluff chapter 21 . 7/7
A damn fine story. I was gripped the entire day it took me to read it. There is only one point of contention that I have with it. Its not so much a gripe at yall's story telling proweles but a plot device that I just cant see working in this secenerio. It was hidden with the Mayor and Master but Spike wasn't about for most of the badies that plaged Buffy. I don't think there were any obvious instances where you had Spike 'remembered what happened'. You two seemed to actuall be on the ball about Spike not knowing exactly what was going down. I would have liked to know if becasue of Spike Doyle survied the Scurge bomb. I think it was implied that he did but I don't remember the angel episode and have forgotten who got the thanksgiving vission. So I guess this whole paragraph is point less dribble about someting you two arnt gultly of.

Try to ignore that first paragraph. This story was solid begining to end. Drucilla's afection twords Spike, even her willingness to take care of him when he was 'unwell' really did the character justice and made the final confrontation verry emotinal. The whole time I was doing a will he won't he match in my head. Spikes sultions to most of the problems was almost always in character, and when it wasn't he was actual conflicted about his actions. The two of you really nailed the subject and I simply have to applod your efforts.

If I had to point to one thing about the story that I didn't like...It would have to be whilster. His character is a tricky one to nail down, and he wasn't in too much of this. What he was in however made him seem like a flunky. And to a degree he is but he is also a demon of balance. Spike's existance shifts that balance. To me any story that trys to 'do things right' the way this story tries, would come up against a being like Whistler. He isn't on the side of Good or Evil. He is the line that seperates them. Thats why he was dispacted to Angel. An evil creature who could do good. To me any changes that make a huge difference would worrent his apperence to at least midagate the damage. Spike taking out the mayor before the accention was a heavy blow to evil. A preimtive blow that didn't allow the all the powers that had been gathered for it to happen to work in any way. That to me would cause a blockage of some sort. Spike rescuring Buffy from the Master almost delt a blow in no other slayer being called. I am not sure if thats a good thing or not...

All I am trying to say is this story rocked you should both be proud. Thank you for sharing it with us.
litbitnurse87 chapter 21 . 6/9/2014
I found this really interesting and thank you for keeping the bangel to a minimum but still cringing from reading that. thanks for a great story
spike'smate chapter 15 . 11/3/2013
yippee spike can get the gem or amarra now cos he knows EXACTLY where it is
spike'smate chapter 12 . 11/3/2013
JPElles chapter 21 . 8/9/2013
Really great story. Would love to see more but what's here is a great read.
frogman27 chapter 3 . 5/26/2013
Awwww so sweet!
spike'smate chapter 21 . 5/21/2013
Brilliant story LOVED it!
goldseadragon chapter 21 . 2/11/2013
I really enjoyed this! People can get fussy when reviewing time-travel fics, but the truth is that there's really no way to account for what wold change and what would not, even if the characters are aware of it. I like that, even with knowing the future, Spike still struggled with insecurities and wrong decisions. This is definitely in my top 25 favorite Spuffy fics.
Starfox5 chapter 21 . 1/28/2013
Great story! I read it all in one go, prolonging my lunch break. Nice take on the "Spike goes back and redoes history" angle, and without making other characters into villains that want him dead at all costs.
garrycooper101 chapter 21 . 1/15/2013
A very fine story. I just found it. Please keep writing.
E. Meckm139 chapter 16 . 10/16/2011
I am loving this story so far! Just so awesome.

I am kind of confused, however, by the pretty significant time jump between the last 3 chapters. You had the events of "Halloseen" and then Buffy turned 17. Then there's some unknown passage of time and Harmony (and Buffy) is in her senior year. Then it's Buffy's 18th birthday. I'm so bummed about the episodes you skipped - I would have loved to see Spike's contributions, especially in Phases, I Only Have Eyes For You, Band Candy, and Gingerbread. I realize that it would take forever for you to include every single episode, especially now that Spike has altered the timeline, but a bit more info would have helped. Just a quick, like, montage, explaining what happened in the year you skipped between Buffy's 17th and 18th birthdays.

I am especially confused about WHEN exactly Joyce found out about demons, vampires, Slayers, etc.

Awesome story, so addicting! I can't stop reading.
Kaze Kira chapter 11 . 6/17/2010
Sorry you're kinda dense, you've had four years to get facts straight and failed to do so- In a year from the point Spike was taken back in your story he is the most powerful master vampire in the world and yet in 20 years he's weaker at this point in time than he was originally? Buffy couldn't handle Spike during this period yet Luke can? How stupid...

Spike has always had a slick tongue yet it seems missing in this story with Spike fumbling over him self like a schoolboy? Tch garbage.
incongruous irrelevance chapter 21 . 6/4/2010
Fantastic story. Ever consider doing a sequel?
Peregrinate chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
It's AWESOME. Sequel?
Amethyst246 chapter 21 . 2/24/2010
Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this story. I'm a sucker for time travel stories, and this one was very sweet (and had very little Angel in it, always a plus). Thank you for writing!