Reviews for A Matter of Perspective
Ponchygirl chapter 1 . 4/6
I don't know, I'm not sure that Ponch would go into bed with another girl anyway unless they were married. He never really seemed like that type of guy. He might have thought about it maybe, but he'd never do it. You never know what he might be thinking. I've seen every episode, except 2 of them, and I've seen them a million times it seems. Not once have I ever noticed Ponch would wanna do something like that. This was a good story by the way, I just happened to think that even without a bet Ponch wouldn't just jump into bed with someone. He never liked girls staying at his apartment, unless they were family, or little girls. That one girl that slept on his couch he didn't even want her there, so I don't think having a girl staying over and in his bed is much different he wouldn't have let it happen. I really hope I don't sound like I'm being a jerk. I mean, I wouldn't wanna be mean to any of my favorite authors or anyone at all for that matter. I just wanted to voice my opinion. And please don't kill me for it. People never really like my opinions half the time of which would be why I always hesitate before leaving a review, because if the people around me don't wanna hear what I gotta say, then why should the people online? Anyway, so please please take this right, I really love your writing, and everything. I just sometimes tend to wonder if some of us are on the same page. I mean, watching the show, I never notice Ponch wanting or doing anything, the most he does is kiss the girl for a while. Nothing more, and then a lot of the time, he never see's them again. He honestly was never with a girl long enough to do that. And he liked to go out with them to a restaurant and then go dancing. I do like how the story ends though. :) And I guess if Ponch didn't have some type of problem, how could Jon talk to him about it? It does have some good stuff in it. But still...Ok, I'm done blabbing, I hope you can see what I mean by what i said, and not want to kill me, or hate me. I'm sorry, if I should've just said nothing.
JanJoy chapter 1 . 4/5/2014
Great story topic...the bet made in good fun took on a serious turn when Ponch showed up at Jon's door, and it was good to see a new camaraderie between the two partners after Jon shared about his relationship with Melissa. The rope symbolism in this scene was really good too as it mirrored what Jon was feeling inside. Finding out the results of the bet was hilarious!
ReneyC chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
great true to the characters!
crtrk chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
I don't know how I missed this story till now, it's a nice little gift for me untill the next chapter of the Voyagers story is out.

This little gem of a story was great , it was just like the show !

You have range to your work your short stories are just as good as your longer ones or better , because they are harder to do .

You got me at the end I was waiteing for Ponch to tell Jon that his date was a none or part of his family and thats how he won the bet and Jon laughs !

PS Dons a keeper !
mcatB chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
Great job, Dayna! Loved the humor and the seriousness mixed in - good episodic fic. Thanks!
Don Budde chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
Wow! That's all I can say. Every one of your stories transports me somewhere, or somewhen! or both! Keep writing, baby, you have no idea how proud it makes me to read your work.
Jonchp99 chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
BANG! Well, my dear you totally nailed this one. The characters were true to the show, the descriptions were detailed and added that richness that makes a good story great. I especially liked this one. "Ponch strode in like a gale force wind..." I could so picture him doing that. Jon tying and untying the rope was very realistic and I could feel his frustration as he spoke to Ponch.

A delightful story that you should be very proud of. Well done!
NANCY BUDDE chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
The story flowed nicely, with good descriptive passages, and kept me reading to the end. It's importance to the series illustrates the friendship and light moments of a stressful, dangerous job. Keep writing, Dayna, you will someday write a a published short story and then a noval.
Reinette Tyler chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
AW! That was so sweet! Very nice, Mommy! WRITE MORE! WRITE MORE! ;p I didn't know Firefly could inspire amazing CHiPs Fanfiction! ;p... lol Great story!
Jake Crepeau chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
Dayna, I've got one thing to say: THANK YOU for writing this one! It was wonderful!
Smithy chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
I love the way Jon is a patient kind of man when it comes to the woman he loves. And any woman would feel skittish about that sort of thing after the hell she had been through. I hope to see more of this sweet, charming romance. And Ponc being celibate, that's very difficult.