Reviews for On the Beach
Loreleirain chapter 8 . 8/23/2014
Amazing :'(
Aria Breuer chapter 8 . 3/10/2013
This was a well-written story.

I did catch some errors, but they weren't too bad. However, I can suggest this correction, as I saw it several times: "Middle Earth" is actually spelled "Middle-earth". Other than Eressea, which you can put Tol Eressea if you want, which I found at the beginning of Chapter 1 is the other, which you can correct if you want. Other errors were mostly grammatical, which wasn't too bad, as I said.

This story moved me in ways I did not think, as I read. I think, from this piece, I am beginning to understand Frodo more and why he left Middle-earth for Tol Eressea. It seems he is the only one still young, while everyone else comes to the Lonely Isle towards the end of their days. It's an interesting "what if?" question to the events that occurred in 'The Grey Havens' chapter of 'The Return of the King': What if Frodo had stayed in Middle-earth, instead of leaving it and shouldering his burden and everything to Sam? Would he have finally had healing, and the life he chose to give up, due to his condition? These are interesting questions, and I still wonder what would have occurred if Frodo had stayed in Middle-earth. Who knows? He may have found healing at last.

Still, your story was good and did explore what happened when Frodo stayed at Tol Eressea. The events seemed to work right for this story. I am glad I finally told myself to read this story. It's touched me in so many ways. In a way, I can still relate to Frodo.

Well done.

-Aria Breuer

P.S. I put this story, 'On the Beach' in my Community, if that's all right with you? It was a well-written story. I only thought it fair to share it with others who deserve to see well-written stories, buried throughout the archive and this fandom.
Chibi Binasu-chan chapter 8 . 9/1/2006
This was cute and sad at the same time. Thank you. I really like Sam, "Mr. Frodo, it's me, your Sam!" I dunno, it's just such a wonderful relationship that is purely friend-oriented (I'm not a big fan of Frodo/Sam slash stories [shudder]) and you potrayed it so beautifully in the last chapter. I like your "Mary-Sue", but she doesn't really deserve that awful title. She is a good original character.

Well, overall, I really liked it. Oh, I liked Sam's arrival to the Undying Lands. That was sweet. Anyway, good story. Keep writing! It would be so cool if my mom would get into and write stories, too, but she doesn't really like to write stories(I think it's because she's not very good at it). Oh well. But good for you.

Have a cookie.

Rain chapter 8 . 4/8/2003
please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please write a sequel! I love this fic so much, you have top write more! please! * makes a puppy dog face* pwutty pweeze? wuth suga on towp and a chewwy?
Lotr-junkie chapter 5 . 3/26/2003
All I can say is... Wow.

This story is breathtaking.
NekoMegami-chan chapter 2 . 12/4/2002
Your writing skills are wonderful. It's so nice to find a mature author here who doesn't have any of the usual spelling and grammar errors. (Not that I don't miss things during spell-check myself ) I'm also very interested in they story line. Your use of dialogue is good, too. Overall, a fantastic fic! Thank you!
Talking Hawk chapter 2 . 5/27/2002
O_O I know next to nothing about Glorfindel, but oh my gosh, that chapter was so saaaaad! ( Poor Frodo...poor Enaiowen... I'll read more later... (
Talking Hawk chapter 1 . 5/27/2002
Awww..! Pooor Frooooodooooooo!

Sam: (cries) I'm sowwy, Mw. Fwodo! (takes him up in a big hug)

Frodo: O_O You didn't do anything wrong, Sam...

Sam: (cries nonetheless) I'm sooowwwyyyyy...Uncle Aaaalbeeert!

Pippin: (eating popcorn and watching) ..Didn't see that one coming..!

Merry: (munches on some of his popcorn) ...NOPE...

Oh my gosh, that was really well written. (winks) I like your style! Onto chapter two, now..!
Princess Artemis chapter 8 . 5/21/2002
This was very interesting as an AU...I can't see it as otherwise for many reasons.

Anyway, it was well written, interesting, sad in places, a bit happy in others.

My only criticism would be for how Valinor is described. A child Elf would not be unexpected as there are many Elves still living there and I am certain they have children. But perhaps Frodo was spending too much time on the beach to ever have seen them.
Vanessa chapter 8 . 3/20/2002
What a treasure of a story to find amongst all the other "stuff" on this site.

You have held on to the characters in the book, instead of trying to bend them to your will.

Your beginning was a little hesitant and your ending took me by surprise but I can live with both.

Mainecoon chapter 8 . 3/4/2002
"Would you have stayed if I had asked you?" AWWWWWW! **squeaks** That's glorious! I love it!
Arryle chapter 1 . 2/21/2002
Wonderful characterization! The reunion scene had tears welling up in my eyes. Thank you!
Nilramiel chapter 2 . 2/21/2002
acorngirl - I LOVE this! I have only read chapters 1 and 2 so far, but I could not resist a quick review. I really like the way this is going!
Lydia chapter 8 . 2/21/2002
This is beyond beautiful... it is heartbreaking. And you haven't mucked with the canon at all, for which I am very grateful. This is one of the best fanfics I have ever read. It deserves the title of story.
Amber chapter 8 . 2/20/2002
But but but but... No! This doesn't HAVE to be the ending, does it? I mean... ah heck, we all know things are bound to get better with Sam back, and I can see the complications of Frodo's actually having a *life* after Sam's is winding down... But darnit, I wanted their reunion and the happily ever after Frodo gets.

For I think you know the secret wish of everyone who loves Frodo. Their first and foremost of course is for Sam and Frodo to be together, but the second (and deeper) wish is for Frodo to be given the opportunity for joy and a life that was denied to him in ME.

Great insight, by the way, into his corruption! I thought the same thing. There's no way Frodo was tempted by anything other than a need for peace and rest, and to reclaim the joy of his life back in the Shire.

So, enjoyed the story. Thank you very much!