Reviews for When the Rain Clears
JenDreams chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Very very well written! the emotions are so deep and just amazing!

I sorrow for your loss, she will always be with you, somewhere.
FreakyGeek23 chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
This was a very convincing story, that kind of filled in some details not mentioned in Croggon's books. It made me, actually, kind of melancholy at first, then you turned it into an uplifting fanfic. Awesome job!
Pernicia chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
My deepest condolences for your mother. I can't even imagine losing mine.

What you have created here is not only the answer to a mystery many of us have long pondered- Clavila's death- but also a beautiful way of welcoming recovery, as long of a road as it may be. It captures the grief, somewhat dulled by time, of a mother, especially be focusing on regrets and images rather than simple pain. The ending wraps up Silvia's pains while leaving room for a later story (when Maerad returns, how that might affect her).

Your elegant words always invoke emotion in my heart; with a style reminiscent of Croggon, you could really be very successful as an author- I know I'd read any book you wrote!
The One and Only C.Bear chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
Omg i loved it. it was so frickin aswome and kinda deep in the good way anyway i really liked it
AllegraBeloved from sffworld chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
wow kiaga ur fan fic is awesome i loved it!
Maerad chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
aww...this story is so touching.

In the books, Alison did not write more about Clavia, and because of that, some of us readers did not know what tragety did Silvia felt when her daughter died.

Thank you for this work. ;)
Maia of the Moon chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
That was so full of emotion! You say you're jealous of my writing, and yet I am jealous of yours.

I like the characterization of Clavila, and the ending. I find the flashback sort of interrupted the flow of the rest of the story, but really, that's just me being picky. Perhaps keep the description and dialogue level with that of the rest of the story. A minor suggestion of course. It was lovely. :)

~Maia
Dragonfly-09 chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
:) I like it. It has that hint of sadness, but it all works out. Thanks for writing!
No Such Thing As Normality chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
That was perfect. I loved the way most of the story took place in Silvia's head, and Silvia has always been one of my favourite characters, despite how much we parody her in the upcoming Pellinor Musical. I liked how you added some background to the unknown story of Clavila...I really should be doing my Biology...
heatherlynn13 chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
beautiful kiaga:) there were a couple of missed commas, but other than that, as far as im concerned it was perfect
xLaramiex chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
aww, how very sweet. I like this a lot ) I especially love those last couple of paragraphs; it's good to think that Silvia has found peace.

xx
JMlovesHP chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
Well, this was a great piece. There were just a few gramatical errors (tense and spelling), but nothing too major. This was written very well, and passionately as well. A job well done!
AC2 chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
This is a well-crafted story, Kim. I like the way you've brought the characters to life, evoking Silvia's sorrow as well as her love for Maerad.

I have a few minor niggles for you:

it felt as if the barrier between the Uncircled Open and this world was completely impenetrable, like a solid wall barrING her from looking upon the Paths of the Dead where she knew her daughter wandered

The [nostalgia] GUILT Silvia felt for letting Maerad leave Innail

They're not massive, it's just me nitpicking.

It's a beautiful piece of work, and the psychological issues of grief and guilt are well-woven into the text. It's believable and lyrically written. Happy writing!
Emerald the third of Seirntoma chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
aw kinda sad it was good though