Reviews for The Seven Year War :: The First Strike
WildfireDreams chapter 45 . 1/10/2014
Okay this is amazing and I'm off to read the sequel right now.
YoshiStack chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
Let's make the review count 100!

This one of the best Phoenix Wright stories I've ever seen, the only rival story is one in which the roles of characters get reversed. I love every part of this story. From the first case to the last, this story is amazing. From what I read in your sequel, that'll be amazing too.

I will never write a Phoenix Wright story for the reasons you shine: Originality in cases, interesting character development, nailing the main cast character. Keep on doing what you're doing, because this story is damn near perfect in my eyes.
AceFangirl chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
I read "Wright Christmas" and it made me want to read the Seven Year War. This seems really interesting, so I'm glad I did.
psykit chapter 45 . 11/8/2012
Omg. Seriously. Omg.

What appreciation... And i was afk for so long! I won't go into it here but imma try desperately for it not to happen again. I think I may finally have my mojo back.

Now, I have some serious catching up to do :-)
Jack Falconer chapter 44 . 10/8/2012
Forgot to add this to my earlier review for this story, and remembered while reviewing your other story...
In this chapter Edgeworth shouts objection just as Kiria is about to leave, and I remember that usually the AA games end with the defense attorney shouting objection before the credits due to some random situation that pops up during the celebration, but in this scenario with Edgeworth trying to catch Kiria before she leaves, I'd think he would be most likely to yell "Hold it!" as opposed to "Objection!" The former would seem to fit better to me.

Anyway, that's it. 'Til next time,
JF
Jack Falconer chapter 45 . 10/8/2012
Alright, I wanted to leave a review on this story even though I know you've moved on to the next installment in the series.

This fic has been an enjoyable read. At first I was a bit hesitant/skeptical to read due to the focus on the OC's, and I was looking more for fics with more focus on the canon characters, but after putting the story off for a while and reading other stuff, I came back and, well, I kept going. Like I said, it was an enjoyable read.

Your oc's were/are likeable enough that I found myself accepting them as much as the canon characters were in your story. Though I'm thinking that either this series is an alternate take on the timeline that lead up to (and including) the Apollo Justice game, or else, the future for the Phoenix/Maya pairing is grim/rocky. Why else would Trucy in game be asking for a new mommy? Well, that is, if you plan on this fic series filling in the gap setting up the Apollo Justice plot as appeared in-game as opposed to an alternate take on it.

I am curious as to what the big overarching mystery is and why it's so vital that no amount of bias be passed off to Apollo.

Anyway, I found the characterizations of the canon characters to be appropriate enough. I can't speak much for the characters from the Investigation games as I've never played them, but I've read at least one other story that included them, so it seemed likely enough that the common source has been followed close enough.
However, even though I find the canon characters portrayed well enough, I felt maybe Franziska had warmed up a bit too much, but then again, obviously, barely any of the characters from the PW era of AA get presented during the time skip as well as during the AJ game. Plus, I don't believe you mentioned in your fic at which exact moment Kiria entered the off-kilter world that surrounds Phoenix. So getting to the point, while I may have felt Franziska may have warmed up too much there is a lot of threads left alone in the canon plot that points towards her having room for having character growth, so actually exploring said threads (i.e. giving Franziska a chance to be around during the time skipped over in the games) and giving Franziska yet another defense attorney that isn't a completely foolishly foolish fool, that I see the extension of characterization as plausible.

Ultimately, I suppose the plot worked out well enough. I've realized that I'm not sure if I could ever attempt to write out a court case for the Ace Attorney-verse, so I figure I wouldn't be the best of judges for the subtler plot consistencies needed. However, I should point out that if this fic were to standalone, then the ghost-seeing power and such was too throw away for Kiria. As in, it had prominence in one case and then became more of a background point made in passing. However, obviously, as part of a larger series, I'm interested as to see how this plays out and whether/not any more ghosts show up for conversation. Currently, I plan on continuing on with what you have written of the next installment, so I figure some of what I'm thinking of will probably be revealed already.

One another nitpick at the story: I know that the defense attorney in the last case was supposed to be a bit sleazy and desperate, but I'm not sure why this point wasn't addressed at all (as far as I recall): why would someone desperate for drugs turn to a poison that was similar instead of trying to get more of the drugs. Then again, that sounds like something that should be argued from a defense view-point but considering the arrangement of who was on what side of the truth for this trial, well, like I said, I get that the defense attorney was desperate.

While reading, I haven't made too many mental notes of typos and stuff but I wonder if anyone pointed out the Ms. Whitman in chapter 41?

By the way, a 7-part series is quite the goal/tale to aim for. Quite the endeavor. So good luck and here's hoping that it'll work out.

And ah, one more note: the A/N at the end of this last chapter/epilogue was a nice inclusion. I didn't catch all the references but having your author's insight to the story's references was cool.

And again, even one more note: I would've thought that there would've been some exception or case able to be argued in Kiria's defense seeing as she didn't willingly take the poison that is similar to the drug she used to be addicted to, but I get that this was set up as an unfair situation that everyone just was going to have to deal with, but I'm wondering why no one ever mentioned the possibility for the need of protection or something. If this Kronos group is as bad as it is, and considering this is the second case she's involved in that took down another one of the group's members, wouldn't someone be concerned that she would start being directly targeted now? Though I get that information that would be able to get back to the group would be limited considering the limited attendance at and limited information released from the trial, but I'd still assume that it would be apparent enough that she hasn't gotten off of the group's radar yet, especially considering Whitman's reaction at the end of his trial? Oh well, perhaps all of this was considered and not mentioned because there's some in-story assumption that she was going to a place safe enough and guarded enough that there was no need to worry. But still, I'd expect at least someone to have voice at least a little paranoia.

Oh well, maybe there's more on this security-issue or anything else that I could find out in the next story. Speaking of which, time to move on to what's available of part 2.

JF
anangelwithnowings chapter 31 . 5/15/2012
Hermia Laytonne and Lysander Triton... that wouldn't have anything to do with Hershal Layton and Luke Triton from Professor Layton would it?
Blaze chapter 45 . 5/8/2012
Wow, I really didn't expect being the person with the most comments on this fic! I thoroughly enjoyed it, and hope you keep on going. As long as you continue writing, I'll continue reading!
Sword-of-Dusk chapter 45 . 5/6/2012
So we've reached the end, huh? I'm rather sad about that. This story has been just awesome to read. I kinda didn't want it to end. Of course, all good things must come to an end. Besides, it's not quite over yet, is it?

Anyway, I hope people continue to find and read this amazing tale, and I'll see you on the next journey.
Semyaz chapter 45 . 5/4/2012
I'VE BEEN METIONED!

You can't even imagine my fangirl squeal when I saw that you mentioned me in the reviews. XD God I'm so horrible.

Anywhooz. 180K words, is... quite the impressive thing. My novel is almost finished and he's up to 145k words so far. Good for you, and I'm so glad you made such a wonderful idea into a long novel. I loved it!

I loved reading it I loved the characters I loved the writing I loved EVERYTHING

And Colomb's death WAS surprising. The Epilogue is good, a real cliff-hanger (That's how it's called, right? English ain' my first language.)

Well. What can I say? Waiting forward for the next one. I really hope I won't have to wait three years from start to end though. XD
Blaze chapter 44 . 5/1/2012
Man, this story blew by fast! Reading this chapter made me remember all the previous chapters, especially with that photo. Nice job portraying Edgeworth's sweet side, and I'm glad Kay got her cameo too. Well, I can't wait for the final chapter, as well as your next story!
FeytedintheTARDIS chapter 44 . 5/1/2012
Ok firstly who'd expect Arielle dead? Probably everyone except me! Anyway thankYOU for the praise although you should just let the praise sink in so you can keep getting me to review you.

I can't wait til you post the sequel cuz I'll gladly read it cuz its AWESOME.

So are you a fan of dr who too?

Anyway I hope Kiria doesn't get kidnapped or something. *cowers in fear*
FeytedintheTARDIS chapter 43 . 4/28/2012
WOAH that chapter probably knocked the wind out of me. I wonder when Kiria got her hands on nick's pin? Did Kay teach her to steal the pin?

Anyway your OCs are great and the storyline was so vivid AND I LOVED IT.

Can't wait to read more!
Sword-of-Dusk chapter 43 . 4/23/2012
So this winding trial finally reaches it's end. What a ride this was! Excellent pacing all the way through, and great twists made this a hell of a read. I wonder what the last two chapters will set up?

You really have me feeling for Kiria. I've now seen a side of her I hadn't expected, and it really tugs at my heart. I really like Kiria, which means you did a good job with her character. Actually, I like all of your OC's, and that's saying a lot. Not all fanfic writers make good OC's.

BTW, are you a fan of Apollo Justice(the entire game, not just Apollo himself)? I like it, but it just doesn't measure up to the rest of the series, IMO.
Blaze chapter 43 . 4/20/2012
Whoa! This chapter was sick! Did not expect Kiria with Phoenix's pin at all. That was a nice touch. I loved how everything just flowed in this chapter. XD I can't wait for the next chapter!