Reviews for Rising Powers
RHJunior chapter 10 . 10/29
Why does everyone hate poor Ron, and ladle him full of vices and flaws he never even had, while they just LOVE the twins? The twins were bullies! They pulled tricks on Ron constantly, gave him his phobia of spiders, EXPERIMENTED on him- they once nearly killed him by tricking him into an Unbreakable Vow! They used their younger classmates as guinea pigs, endangered Harry's life by helping him break curfew... clever and entertaining as they were, they were rather thoughtless and even outright heartless far too often.
Ron, on the other hand, spent seven years following his gormless best friend into deadly peril, over and over again, out of simple loyalty... even throwing himself between Harry and Hermione and immediate peril over and over again. But why does everyone hate him?

Because he said something that hurt Hermione's feelings... that was true (she WAS a bossy and condescending pest), in a private conversation, that she overheard by eavesdropping.

Because he was lazy... according to a girl who thought that the best possible use for a time machine was **to do extra homework**

Because he was shallow... according to a girl who had the social skills of a stoat.

Because he got angry and had a falling out with his best friend... his famous, rich, popular, school sports star friend who broke the rules constantly right from his very first day at school and always seemed to get away with it, while Ron couldn't get away with NUTHIN...

Because he thought, **like every other person in school, including the adults,** that Harry had broken the rules... again... and was getting the brass ring... again... while Ron "who's Ron?" Weasley was going to sit on the sidelines and be forgotten... again.

Because he got jealous of Hermione dating Victor Krum and got in a row with her... while Harry was so busy navel-gazing he never even noticed Hermione with another boy.

Because he argued a lot with a girl- a girl who NAGGED HIM LIKE A FISHWIFE ALL THE DAMNED TIME.

Because he abandoned them during the Horcrux hunt- for about a week, due to being under the influence of a mind-altering cursed artifact that the Smartest Witch of Their Age had them **take turns wearing around their neck**

Because, frankly, deep down every potter fanboy out there knows in their heart of hearts that **if they were to go to Hogwarts, they'd be the Ron Weasley.** They wouldn't be the super smart one, or the brave destined hero; they'd be the joe average, the sidekick, the buttmonkey comic relief who would have every adventure the hero did, face every danger the hero did and more besides, and who at the end would still be lucky to be remembered even as the sidekick... and more than likely not even that.
marens101 chapter 1 . 9/12
CONTINUE!
jon12231223 chapter 16 . 8/16
Please continue
Please update I just started your story yesterday and now I can't wait for the next chapter and I really can't wait to ginnie and lunar show up at hogwarts
RenegadeForLife chapter 16 . 7/19
Enjoyable start. Ignore the romance tags and pairing. The story doesn't reach second year so Ginny and Luna haven't met Harry.
unwashed heathen chapter 16 . 7/11
It's really bugging me how Harry isn't planting the damn acorn considering the trivial ease it would require.
meg596 chapter 16 . 7/8
This story is unique and honestly the best thing on here! Please update!
RSegovia chapter 15 . 6/17
I have enjoyed reading this story a lot, in fact I've read it twice which is why I'm reviewing this chapter. I don't understand why Harry hasn't planted Willow's seed yet. He has an invisibility cloak, after all, and he didn't even try during the forest detention. I hope he will get on the ball with that soon!
WhiteEagle1985 chapter 16 . 5/6
A great chapter here! Well written!
Bronze chapter 4 . 4/23
Oh yes, Emma has noticed. Durskaban may well get raided yet. Albie will not be happy about that! Never really liked nor trusted that thing disguised as a human being. How many on his side has he killed for hisa greater good? He may not have fired the spell that killed them but by withholding information that they needed, he might as well have.
Johnny Spectre chapter 16 . 4/5
definitely worth a continuation with all this build-up
Lerris chapter 16 . 2/25
This is a good start. Their wandless abilities are interesting, and saving the unicorn was a nice touch.
EzekielConstantineGrimm chapter 2 . 2/2
great story... i've been looking to re-read this one for a while... thanks for making a great story that has good re-read ability
RSegovia chapter 16 . 1/30
This is a fun story. I hope you continue it someday.
heliosoursungod chapter 16 . 1/19
I absolutely love your story so far. I notice you haven't updated in a long time. Please don't abandon without finishing. It is hard to find good Harry/Ginny/Luna stories.
1,027 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »