Reviews for Illogically in Love
Rene chapter 5 . 11/25/2013
OK, from now on when I read this I'm going to think of Barrowman as Jethro. :)
Sensara chapter 8 . 8/12/2012
This story made me happy. Thank you so much for writing this wonderful piece!
Sensara chapter 7 . 8/12/2012
Yay! This dance scene was sensuous. Me gusta!
Sensara chapter 5 . 8/12/2012
Poor Spock. Hope he can find a solution. Again, wonderfully written.
Sensara chapter 4 . 8/12/2012
Yes I liked this chapter! Good job, wonderfully written, and I love that Spock is so darn jealous!
alylamb2011 chapter 5 . 5/6/2011
i like how you slowly reveal Spock's human side and have him discover it
alylamb2011 chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
you have a true gift with words

i feel like i'm in and a part of another worldwhen i read this
simpleDMD chapter 8 . 1/10/2011
Squee! I loved every minute of this!

Pax
Isolde Jansma chapter 8 . 6/12/2010
You have a nice style, and this is a sweet idea, but in need of a beta to look it over as there are areas that could have done with greater development - and a modicum of editing. I was, however, really pleased to find a new Spock/Chapel story to read as they are pretty few and far between and this has always been one of my favourite 'ships. Kudos for that. :)

Anyhoo, I hope you don't mind, but I have picked out a few errors you might want to take a look at.

The establishment was decorated tastefully, if not a bit dramatically to (for) his more conservative tastes. It seemed tailored mostly towards couples /then/ (than) what (delete) might have (been) expected a renowned officers club to cater towards. - This is a shocking sentence, grammatically, and could be rewritten rather better e.g. It seemed tailored so it would cater for couples, secluded booths and dimmed lights heightening the intimate atmosphere, something he had not expected from a renowned officers club.

"May I cut in?" He inquired simply… - In dialogue, if you lead with it in a sentence, and you use ‘said’, ‘asked’, ‘inquired’ etc then the rule is a lower case and no capitalisation e.g. “May I cut in?” he inquired. Direct speech from a character is always written this way, and another example of dialogue that you need to address is:

"Of course Mister Spock! My pleasure." He replied, - The rule here is a comma ALWAYS at the end of the dialogue, “Of course, Mr. Spock. My pleasure,” he replied…

But despite this her eyes remained steady and strong, /broaching/ him no reprieve and giving him the impression that despite their internal admissions, she needed more concrete proof of his feelings, something more /then/ what had /ready/ been 'said'. Yowch… That is a tangled thing right there and it's not clear what you meant from the sentence, plus I think the word you should have used is ‘reproach’. Also, please check the meaning of ‘than’ and ‘then’ – I beta for a few Americans and this is a common oversight.
NinjaNote chapter 8 . 2/23/2010
That was an awesome chapter, and AMAZING story! I loved it! Keep writing and following those rabid plot bunnies _
NinjaNote chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Excellent first chapter. I am very impressed with the way the wording and sentence structure was used. The descriptions were very good, and I can't wait to read the other chapters.
RawenclawBabe chapter 8 . 1/9/2010
Great story - I really enjoyed reading it!
randomchick1995 chapter 7 . 11/20/2009
Well, for one I love the way you had Spock's internal conflict and I ABSOLUTELY fell in love with the mind meld love confession thing.
randomchick1995 chapter 8 . 11/19/2009
OMGSH. This is officially the BEST Spock chapter I've ever read. It's amazing and incredible. Wow. Spock is amazing!
Sailor Pandabear chapter 8 . 11/16/2009