Reviews for Gifts from the Heart
If you decide to give Estel an age in this story, I think that 9 or 10 would sit him better than 5 because of the way he carries himself, and because he is training with weapons.
Elfie chapter 1 . 3/11
Bilbo: The Dunadian helped me- or something to that effect. I love how you weave the past into the future.

Sorry for the incessant and vague comments- I'm home with a virus and feel I owe thanks to the one making it more bearable.
Purestrongpoem chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
Great story.
LI7 chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
Estel: "I have a leaf and an acorn, seeds, a song, and a tale. What else would I want?"
Idk, maybe a book from Erestor?
Guest chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
Which battle is the one in the tale Elrond told?
Is it the Last alliance of men and elves?
nice story...
Keji chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Aww, this was beautiful TINU!

I have met a few people like Jannek, that also accompanies them thinking themselves superior.

I love the way Estel saw what values are treassured the most! I felt sooo humbled when Estel was thinking about his Birthday and the presents he received, and what was done with some of them... EEK! He's just too cute for words!
LisaG16 chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
Very, very sweet story. I love your little Estel's sense of what is truly important!
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
A great story. Very well written.
Emily chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
Very cute. True spirit of happiness and all. Nice job. : )

Jannek sure is irritating! I found myself half-wishing Estel had gone over there and given him billy-oh with his plainer but clearly better sword.

I know. I'm just evil that way. : )
Larner chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
He is far richer in the signs of love that he received than Jannek is likely to ever be! Love that he recognizes true swordcraft may be a necessity and not a game!
Calril chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
That is so cute!

I really can't think of something else to say.

How usefull my reviews are :-).

lindahoyland chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
It is nice to see Estel meet different people. Even at this young age he knows what truly matters.
Imbecamiel chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
Aww, so sweet!

I loved the way you showed Estel's maturity beyond other children his age, though he doesn't seem fully aware of it himself. His greater gravity, his knowledge of proper fighting techniques, already-developing interest in reading and healing, his simple wisdom and contentment.

And it's just wonderful, the way you demonstrate what things are of true worth - and the fact that they *are* worth something mainly because of the people involved, the ones you care about and who care about you. It makes me so happy, the way Estel saw that with such ease. :)

Lovely story! I enjoyed it very much indeed.

And now I am off to work on your new story some more. I'm loving it! :D

- Cami
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
ai! i felt like such an idiot reading this story-the whole time i had a huge, cheesy smile covering my face xD

very well done. i enjoyed it immensely!

keep writing!
CosmicEssence chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
Ahh another glorious fic from you...liked how you played estel in this one though from an outsiders pov it seems he is a very serious and almost distant child compared to the other children...but wihtout lacking of childhood you know? Sorry its late and my fingers arent typing properly.

must admit Elrohir's question and anxiety over estel perhaps being envious was my favorite bit nd of course estel's reaction to it!

I sincerely hope you never get tired of lotr fiction and continue to write them because i just cant get enough of you stories chic!