Reviews for Devoted
Kirriah chapter 1 . 1/27
That was an amazing end to a heart-breaking book. Thank you so much for writing this! It gave me the closure that I so desperately was wanting.
mtnikolle chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
That's a lovely take on Kirra and Donnal's reconciliation. It fits both characters, especially with how Kirra was at the end of the novel.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
love. that god me crying.
dragonmaire chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
I really wish this had been part of the book. It would have made a great scene. You did a good job portraying their relationship, especially with its ambigous-ness at the end of the book.

(Now I'll always have to come back to this story whenever I finish the Thirteenth House, simply becuase it fits in so well with the books.)
DashingApostate chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
Beautiful and sweet. Sounds just like it came right out of one of the books. Loved it.
Gladius Grim chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
This series is amazing though I must admit Thirteenth House was not my favorite by any stretch of the imagination. Romar offered the easy out, a man who met the qualities a serramarra like Kirra was expected to meet. In doing so it became evident that she truly took Donnel for granted not really seeing or caring the pain she was bringing him until it was almost too late though I agree with your story he would have 'disappeared' but be watching over his love solitary and alone feeling the pain and loss. Tayse knew what Donnel was going through when he told Senneth he couldn't do that. There is a shame thats there unconsciously on Kirra's part knowing she is different and wanting to fit in with a world that she has a tenuous foot in. By marrying Donnel she would be excluded from a good portion of that world. Donnel must feel at times that she needs to feel she has an easy out. In the end as her new family and her original one gives her the unconditional belonging she has been searching for.

This story was great in giving us a look at those private moments we haven't gotten in the series yet between Kirra and Donnel. Thank you for this great story.
Vashti chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
That was lovely and touching, and makes me want to finish re-reading "Thirteenth House," which I had just about given up on. Thanks so much for posting.
Danceronpointe chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
aw so sweet

i love it!

i wish there were more sharon shinn fanfics!

are u going to write any more?