Reviews for Like A Vulcan
Suzanne chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
...boldly going where he had never gone beforeā€¦ Hah, as a ST fan, I really loved that. Always thought that Bones is quite a Vulcan, myself.
nikkicarter chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
Yay! Sex and kissing! For any other thing really, I would complain that they all ended the same way, but it works very well here ;)

Ooh! Maybe you should make a series! Call it: 101 ways B/B get together or something...The sex in the stories...i don't know, something xD

Anyway...great job!
Alexis Dawn chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
Cute fic!
KlingonGal8489 chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
Holy crap I am sooooooooo happy to have found this! I've been a Trekkie since I was 11 years old (wow, has it seriously been a decade!) and, though I only discovered Bones a year ago, it's quickly become an equally great obsession for me.

Starships have inertial dampeners-if they didn't, even seat belts wouldn't prevent people from becoming splatters on the back wall after a jump to warp.

Transporters have Heisenberg compensators.

Starship communication devices, both handheld and shipboard, have automatic translators. And it's not really English they're speaking (or, in the case of aliens, being translated into), it's Federation Standard-a mishmash of languages from the oldest and most prominent species within the Federation.

According to original Trek canon, Bones got his nickname because an old slang term for surgeons was "sawbones". They rewrote this in the 2009 movie, though. McCoy said to Kirk that he had no choice but to join Starfleet because his ex-wife "took the whole damn planet in the divorce. All I've got left is my bones." (And yes, that quote-and everything else I've just typed-is off the top of my head. Think I may be a little too obsessed?)

Don't know why your friend thinks De Kelley is hot. He's cute, sure, but George Takei takes the cake in terms of hotness. Have you SEEN "The Naked Time"? Mmmm...shirtless Sulu fencing on the bridge...apparently he spent the entire day chasing Shatner around the set and poking him with the sword. Tee-hee.

I adore all your fics, btw, not just the Trek-based one. This was just the one that absolutely demanded a review, despite the fact that it's 4:40 on a Friday morning and I should really be asleep. Or studying for finals. One or the other. I apologize for the babbling, it's what I always wind up doing when I get too tired. If you actually made it to the end of this essay, congrats! Hope you keep writing lots more fic!
My-Crazy-Awesome-Sox chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
That was the most plausible, in character situation with those two I've read yet! Granted I haven't been reading Bones fics that long, but I surely know a well written piece when I see one!
lucyc66 chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
i really enjoyed this, particularly when Booth confessed that he might not be so good after being out of practice for so long.
moonlighting.gatita chapter 1 . 10/29/2009
People have been trying to explain to me who the star trek people are..and Spock sounded all too familiar...great job, tho!
sweet psychologist chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
"...boldly going where he had never gone before". Haha. Great line.
Hazmatt chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
Incredible story! I really enjoyed it! Absolutely perfect!
WishforBooth chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
haha i loved the last line in this fic. very nicely written.
bonetrek chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
Great last line!
mar-aureus chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
Hilarious. I loved it when Brennan told Booth about the 'logical errors'. You got her perfectly. You also made a great characterisation when she got upset because people may think that she was cold and distant.

And the end was so sweet. I liked the 'making love with her.' Nice job!
daMareMare chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
loved it, especially the ending...
Imagination-Parade chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
Cheesy line at the end, but this is probably the one story that can actually get away with it. I love how he got all flustered when Brennan said she wanted to have sex, haha. Loved her scientific analysis of the show at the beginning of the story, too.

I've never seen Star Trek, so I got really confused when a bunch of Star Trek pictures popped up when I was searching for pictures of "Bones" one day, so I loved that you had Brennan mention that there's also a Bones character on Star Trek. Nice job!
DoctorSweets chapter 1 . 6/14/2009