Reviews for Run For Their Lives
Madders Ahatter chapter 3 . 9/13/2013
In response to catgirl789: I'm flattered, but no - I don't hold multiple PhDs! I have a BEd and taught English for a while, but mostly I'm just a logophile [lover of words!] Plus I try to research thoroughly. I've been thrown out of stories/tv shows by things I know to be inaccurate, and don't want that to happen to my readers if I can help it.
Thank you SO much for picking up on illicit/elicit. Surprisingly not only did I miss it, but so did my betas and all previous readers. Probably wrote it with a migraine. I've been known to mention 'souls of his feet' and 'too much at steak' at such times, but usually catch them pre-posting. Hopefully, that error has now been corrected. Elicit is something else entirely, but of course the spell-checker doesn't allow for that. People rely on spell-checkers too much.
Madders Ahatter chapter 2 . 9/13/2013
Since my kind reviewer catgirl789 hasn't enabled replies to reviews, I'll respond here.
Firstly, thank you for the encouragement and positive comments. I'm always pleased to learn of new readers and I'm thrilled you are enjoying my little stories. For promising to review - I love you! Feedback is life's blood to a writer. How else can we grow? And what a boost to the ego when they are good ones!
I deliberately tried to keep the format like the series, with leap-out and leap-in at the start and end. Good to know I got that right.
Please don't feel as if you have to write an essay. There won't be a test at the end. Just tell it like it is, including anything you didn't like. I used to shrivel and cry in the face of criticism, but now I appreciate that I can learn and improve only if I embrace the negatives.
Thanks again!
catgirl789 chapter 3 . 9/12/2013
I always love the language you use in your stories. It always sounds very educated, partly due to the higher-end vocabulary and partly to the references you make. It sounds like how I expect a holder of multiple PhD's to talk. Ok, grammar-stickler time, you misspelled illicit as elicit. Unless that's a UK thing, but I rather doubt it.

I quite enjoy when you walk through how Sam figures out who/when/where he is, and how pleased he is to find every scrap of information he can before Al can spoon-feed it to him. I also like the accent Sam picked up and his appraisal of his wardrobe. I guess we're all a little vain huh? XD

I like the cliff hanger, probably because I don't have to wait for the next bit. Might not be able to leave another review until tomorrow though, as sleep is calling to me. See you then. :)
catgirl789 chapter 2 . 9/12/2013
I've been reading your stories and they are so wonderful I'm surprised you don't have many reviews, I guess the Quantum Leap fandom on this site is fairly small. I've decided to take it upon myself to right this wrong so look forward to a lot of e-mails over the next few days. I'm afraid I'm not very good at constructive criticism, but I'll do my best to leave at least a comment on every chapter. I'll go back and reread your previous two stories and leave reviews on them later. For now I'll leave you with this thought, I love how interesting your openings are, they always feel like I'm watching the actual show. It also pleases me how you begin your new stories with the epilogues of your previous tales, again evoking the series. I guess I'll see you next chapter then. :)
Nutterfly chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
It sounds like a simple mission, but of course it’s not! I loved the idea of the femme fatale replaying a movie plot for her own nefarious deeds. Once Sam and Al figure that out it should be a simple matter to get one step ahead of her, but that would be too easy…

Continuing problems at PQL HQ engage our attention and add lots of suspense. Plus we get to see a character from a previous story and learn how the Leap affected his life.

And, need I say it? Completing the original mission isn’t enough and Sam must improvise now that history’s been changed. I liked that Al has good reason not to say too much about what needs to be done – and I didn’t see the Kiss with History coming!