Reviews for Harry Potter and the Shared Destiny
Himanshu.99 chapter 7 . 21h
Seriously, Malfoy already met harry potter and was threatened by him and now again he is introducing himself?
Crossxx chapter 15 . 6/8
I loved this story can't wait for the sequel.
Anjali chapter 8 . 6/4
Amelia scanned the potters, so she can trace the dark curse voldy missed out in harry or may I say now Hermione too.
Saissa chapter 14 . 6/5
McGonagall died in the line of duty and as a member of the OOTP - she knew what she was doing.

What I am wondering about is - why no mention of the Philosophers stone and indeed, I dont think there was even a mention of the left hand corridor on the third floor.
Saissa chapter 8 . 6/5
I know this fic is already complete, but I think Ron needs to be dumped ASAP and Neville added to the Golden Trio. Ron can join Dean and Seamus and those 3 can become the DUMB trio!
Saissa chapter 4 . 6/5
I do dislike the Dursleys but the ones I really hate are Dumbles and the Weasleys for their manipulations and potion dosing of Harry and Hermione!
Seanthiar chapter 4 . 6/2
Very american - bowling 's not a common sport in the uk and roaches are cockroaches in the uk.
Then there is a logical failure. Remus have scars in the face like bitten from an animal ? Does not work - Remus could not bite himself then in your logic the bite traces must be from the bite as a child that made him a were. With that kind of traces in the face Remus never ever could made it seven years in school without the whole school knowing - bites in the face and every full moon away - no way. With that the whole marauder secret would not work.
Seanthiar chapter 2 . 6/2
Please use a thesaurus. There are alternatives for the word "shall" in all it's tenses
Ice Demon Ranger chapter 15 . 4/2
Awesome story. Only one error I easily could see... You just before Harry read the poem stated that he adjusted his glasses, but in one of the earliest chapters had his eyes fixed stating that he wouldn't need glasses anymore. Other than that it was a really good read.
Kai chapter 15 . 3/26
Why did Harry adjust the glasses on his face before reading the poem? And what do those glasses do in his face anyway? Shouldn't he have them in his pocket at most, as a keepsake or some such, or better, at home or even in the bin? I mean, Harry had his eye problems treated in chapter six and it was said that he wouldn't need his glasses anymore...
I tip my hat to you, Sharptooth. Over the years that I have been a member of there have been few stories that have touched deeper than this. McGonagalls death scene and funeral were truly inspired. As a novelist I appreciate good writing and look forward to reading more of your work.
- Rick Slader
IamMe chapter 1 . 2/19
I like thie idea of this story but a couple of little points, did I miss it or did Albus either move Harry out of the replile house where other Muggles were, in something of a pandemonium because of the missing glass and snake, or did he cast some magic like a notice-me-not charm so they wouldn't see or hear what was said andd done? Also, in the books, Fawkes is described as being red and gold, not orange. Otherwise, I love how in character hermione is, her comments about learning about the snake were just so Hermione. Great work!
Neville Neville
MrsFH chapter 14 . 12/22/2015
How on earth did we get from bond rings to this pitched battle? This reads as if there are huge gaps in the story - becasue there are huge gaps in the story. sigh Just as I was thinking it was an ok story, this happens. No explanation, no bridge, no STORY. Just a battle scene out of the blue. Ouch.
PaC chapter 5 . 11/22/2015
Probably bailing out now or soon.
Biggest jar was how jovial Dumbledore was at the zoo.
Plus, telling a LONG tail instead of effing ASAP getting Harry to a healer, blah blah blah telling a tale, and so perky and the tone so upbeat. Absent much guilt or shame shown, that HE, Dumlbledore PUT Harry with those monsters, at #4.

OK, a Christian insert into a fic, at LEAST it is slightly acceptable, making Hermione's parents devout Christians.
Generally though, mainstream "muggle faiths" are IMO, obviously incompatible with the HP magical world.
Even a devout believer, who actually KNOWS HISTORY should see it as like mixing oil and water, or vinegar and baking soda. It just makes little sense for fics with magical weddings in muggle churches with "tricked" ministers leading the ceremony.

Maybe you aren't headed for a devout born again Harry.
But considering things like actual numbers being hundreds of thousands tortured and killed for "witchcraft", over centuries of witch hunts. And things like "God" saying, to KILL anyone perfomring magic who is not one of his special "angels".
Yeah, just doesn't fit, as JKR maybe made jokes about buirning witches who used freezing charms and would get caught on purpose.
But an amateur doesn't need to repeat the dumber things of canon either.

For "LOVE" in the bible, I recommend Book of Numbers, around - probably. When the "punishment" for the local versions of mormons and Latter Day Saints knocking on the wandering Jews' door. And the ORDER from God speaking to Mr. Ten Commandments, , well, read it, KILL KILL KILL them all.

Bad "soldiers", you didn't kill all the women and kids. OK, then, cut off the heads of every other animal and female, and keep the rest, especially or at least the virgins [I forget details, been decades since I read it, but generally rapists and the bible goes for those virgins] as your raped sex slaves, especially the little girls.

Yes, LOVELY GOD, lovely bible story. And HUNDREDS just like it. I recall one of my sisters childhood friends, HORRIFIED when FINALLY reading her churche's bible. But most don't, just go to church and listen to their preacher tell them about God and their Bible. The more devout I've found, the more faith, the less they actually KNOW SHIT about their own religion and HISTORY of religions including Christianity. Perhaps all in these "modern ahem" times following ANCIENT made up mythologies, might google Bible and words like "crime" "Rape" "genocide" "sex" "sex crimes" "murder" "execution" "sacrifice" "blood sacrifice" "animal sacrifice" "human sacrifice" or even "cannibalism" might bring up some "good" but not before dinner, reading.

I can't fault this fic like most. That the Grangers are practicing Christians. The Greengrasses, Lovegoods, or Malfoys, going to church, YEAH, that I'd laugh at.

But Harry, even Hermione, JOINING the magical world?
That should put a fly in the bible ointment, as Christians and witchcraft just DO NOT have a very good history you SHOULD KNOW.
And to NOT have THAT problem, is one reason, to NOT inject muggle religions into Potter fanfics, at least NOT in a major way.
Doubt I'll read far enough to find out if Harry becomes a born again Christian, but if so, I'd find it a self insert, illogical by even a "Christian" author injecting their faith into a HP fic