Reviews for Double Time Trouble
Shakeval chapter 12 . 3/2/2012
Hey, good to see you writing again.

while this was a great chapter i really am looking forwards to the wizengamot session with dumbledore being like a fish out of water with a massive block of new faces that are under the control of the *new* house granger. will be interesting to see how things play out with that.
Dumbledork chapter 12 . 3/2/2012
You're evil like always. I don't mind, to see this updated.
Anonymous chapter 12 . 3/2/2012
Ok, this last chapter was interesting but had a super unintentionally hilarious ending that I feel it MUST be quoted and dissected.

The lines, for reference:

Lily smirked also. "I think the real irony is these proud purebloods are such loyal adherents to a very muggle philosophy. If you believe in spirits or souls, and as kids at Hogwarts we interact with them daily, then the entire basis of evolution is ruined. You cannot believe in an immortal soul and evolution simultaneously. They are opposite beliefs. The philosophies that support the one utterly reject the other in both cases. Either our capacity for souls was created by the same Being who created us, or they cannot exist. There is no provision for how spirits come about by accident. Serious science won't even touch the subject. So that they are so drowned in their Darwinist ideals that 'lesser races' must be eliminated, when they know the primary principles behind that belief are false, is utter hypocrisy of the worst order."

Firstly, Hitler was largely a Catholic christian and not an atheist - the principal argument seems to have a couple of flaws in it already.

Secondly, the fact that evolution is occurring is true regardless of whether people have souls or not - look at the change of peppered moth colours during the industrial revolution, a documented example of evolution happening in the last couple centuries, regardless of when Humanity was created (4004 BC?) or came into existence through evolution (~2 million years ago?). The major ideas of evolution - that random change happens to genetic codes over time as a result of environmental factors such as ambient radiation and genetic transcription failures, and that hereditary factors which kill the individual possessing them before they can have descendents won't stick around through multiple generations - is totally reconcilable with the immortal soul existing. Some people believe in orthogenesis, the idea that evolution occurs in a directional, goal driven way, directed by God, and that we and all other things are changing in accordance with God's wishes, and this in no way invalidates an immortal soul; others believe that evolution occurs at essentially random driven by nothing but environmental factors, and that God is not particularly directing it any more than he already sees every sparrow's fall, and this also does not invalidate an immortal soul hypothesis. Also, the ideas that 'lesser races' must be exterminated is not required by a belief in evolution - plenty of people have read Darwin's work and agree with it without going out to kill other races.

Thirdly, doesn't the whole existence of ghosts on this plane of existence drive some theological holes into the belief in an afterlife - it being my understanding that most Christian sects believed in humans going to Heaven or Hell after death, some include Purgatory, and I can't recall any that espoused the idea that "you get to stay on Earth as a ghost until Judgement Day" as a possibility. The whole "Jesus Christ came back from the dead and talked to people again" was supposed to be kind of special and unique, not a commonplace or everyday occurrence according to most sects of Christianity.

Fourthly, apparently in Harry Potter magic can affect the soul and even divide it into pieces which can then be killed by other pieces of magic (I know this fic doesn't take into account books 6-7, but book 2 is still canon with respect to it - and speaking of that, Malfoy had a Diary of Voldemort that possesses people that you haven't mentioned for some reason).

Fifthly, why do the existence of immortal souls imply a creator of immortal souls? The existence of mortal minds doesn't particularly seem to in your philosophy, so what about immortal souls implies that they cannot be created by natural processes? Apparently magic can create sentient and sapient portraits, so creating other forms of persistent intelligence doesn't seem particularly impossible.

Sixthly, the fact that Hogwarts has tons of ghosts and nowhere else has many raises huge numbers of questions - millions of muggles died in London in the past couple centuries, even, and there don't appear to be hordes of ghosts there, so does the ability to stick around as a ghost require magical power? Do non-magical people not have souls according to this hypothesis about souls existing based solely on ghosts at Hogwarts (who are immortal souls that can apparently be harmed by things like Basilisks)?

On the whole, though, this level of silliness and cognitive dissonance in this paragraph is still way less great than that previously occuring in your work - in specific, you write about using pastors preaching to convert Narcissa Malfoy into a good person, then in the next chapter you discuss allowing young children to torture people to death as "justice" to be lauded. The idea of sending mailbombs as an act of great likelihood to work and exact precision is also totally hilarious - there were apparently no innocent children casualties from parents opening mail at the breakfast table, secretary/assistant casualties, etc. by authorial fiat.
troyguffey chapter 12 . 3/1/2012
The St. Trinian's girls are wasted potential. Just because modern civilization can't tolerate a little chaos they send them to that school to get killed off?

If the girls could CHANNEL their rebelliousness/independence they could be ground-breaking business/scientist/engineers. Or mercenaries, or spies. Anyplace where not accepting the constraints of the box can benefit.

In the past, they would probably have headed out from civilization to the next horizon. Someplace where someone who can rely on themselves can avoid "civilization"'s BS.
tenchifew chapter 12 . 2/29/2012
Great new chapter!

Really glad to see so many of your stories updated.

Had to reread this to remember the details, but it was as interesting the second time around as it was reading it for the first time.

It is incredible, how despite having de facto only one main character, this story is more varied and interesting and diverse than many are with a full cast.

Enjoyed reading it, would have liked to see the ritual Jane used for the Life Debts and adoptions, but i am even more interested to see how she will fare with her new army and political plans.

Long live House Granger!

Thank you for writing.

PS

And Dumbledore is a bastard. On the other hand this does not surprise one bit.
witowsmp chapter 12 . 2/28/2012
I loved the rant on evolution. It's amazing to me how many people don't realize exactly what you said. Evolution is godless and goes against the concept of an eternal soul. Just because it's treated as a fact today doesn't mean it is one. Scientists have been completely wrong before on a great many things, and they are on that topic as well.
mmsbddvr chapter 12 . 2/28/2012
Man, I missed your stories. Your story reminds me of Kick in the Arse on better and longer version. Not that you care for reviews, but this story and this chapter deserves my review, my favorite part of this chapter is how House of Malfoy became house of Granger like how house of Makiri became house of Matou. The deaths, result of bombs under potter residence and muggle attacks on pure blood isn't it?
patricia.pc chapter 12 . 2/28/2012
Thanks for updating! I had to go back and re-read a few chapters to jog my memory but it was as enjoyable as the first time reading it. The story is original and funny so I Hope you continue with it, wherever the story takes you :)
Joel chapter 12 . 2/28/2012
I love how evil hermione is getting, stories like this where you pick a character to go crazy and try to take over the world are just great. She has her own evil army that uses babies for hockey pucks and everything.

There are bad guys in stories that aren't as evil as your good guys, I absolutely adore it.
LivingInTheClouds chapter 12 . 2/28/2012
Yay! Update! Great job, I love how you dealt with the headship and politics issues that resulted. Although, I honestly have to wonder what will happen when the Hermiones reach the age that they are sent their Hogwarts letters. It'll be interesting if nothing else. Are they even going to be at Hogwarts?
Kortir chapter 12 . 2/28/2012
haha, excellent! It's been a while since I've seen this update, and I'm really happy to see how it came out! Hermione Jane's response was hilarious, and what she did was excellent. Way to go. I'm definitely looking forward to the next chapter, whenever it may be! You do amazing work, thanks so much for the great read.
Snowdove30 chapter 12 . 2/28/2012
Excellent update. So glad to this revived. Just when I think Dumbledore can't sink any lower, he does...
Michae1ange1o chapter 12 . 2/27/2012
Good gracious, well this is a blast from the past. I thought I was seeing things in my email inbox.

Oooh I'm all happy now, something tells me the House of Granger is going to end up running the damn ministry at the end of it all, or at least the Wizengamot. A pity Dumbledore never recieved a love Pinapple too.

Your is actualy quite sinister, I never watched the modern movie as remakes tend to be quite shit, I'm used to the happy go lucky B&W movies. Good going.

Thanks for the update :) Lily and James conversation at the end is just so damn true and very, very well written.
FatesShadow83 chapter 12 . 2/27/2012
So glad you're continuing this!

Great chapter!
Flight of the Valkyries chapter 12 . 2/27/2012
I was surprised to see that this was updated. I can't wait to see what the St. Trinian girls boot camp is like or who Hermione allies herself with. Looking forward to the next chapter.
659 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »