Reviews for Something in the Night
Mihzuki chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
This gave me chills. You are an amazing writer.
PurpleMidnight chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
This is one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read. I tend to avoid angst or tragedy on fanfiction because it is almost always melodramatic and overdone. This was sad, and deep, and beautiful in a way very few people achieve. You also took someone else's world and wrote a story that was distictly your own but followed the world perfectly. I have quite a lot of respect for people who can write other author's characters or worlds as if they were thier own.

The whole story is even sadder if you consider that Lucius grows up to raise a son as bad as his father and forgets the begging woman as completely as he forgets whatever innocence he might have had.

Thank you so much for writing this.
Perfect Mistake chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
To be honest, I've never really taken an interest in Lucius fics, so I really haven't read many. The one's I have read usually portray him as a souless murderer/rapist/child andor woman abuser. It is nice to see him with an actual heart, and to get a glimpse of the innocence he must have once had. I remember now why you're one of my favorite authors on this site.
hannahannah chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
This story was a very mixed bag. It has an interesting concept and it aimed at something we wouldn't ordinarily try to do: show Lucius as a person.

However, I felt like the story was really disjointed and unorganized. There was a lack of adjectives to make the story come alive. You clearly had a overarching plot which simply did not come across in the story.

I had too many unanswered questions to really enjoy this story: Why were there lamps lit to a different room every month? Does someone know that he is wondering around? What does he read in the short story? How old is he anyways? Is the woman's knocking the same night as his library adventure? How DID she find her way to their door? What exactly is he forgetting? Why is this story so vital if it doesn't have ANY impact on Lucius?

All, in all, I think your writing would be improved by some tighter plot lines and a more descriptive approach.
MookyLife chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
"once the bridge has been crossed, it is impossible to return."

How very true.