Reviews for Imaginary
Dawen chapter 1 . 7/5
Ooh, I like this. I have to admit that I figured out it was set in Narnia before the Big Reveal, partly because I was actively trying to figure out the twist you mention in the summary (although to be fair, if it wasn't for the mentioned twist I probably wouldn't have clicked on it).

Now that I have a few seconds to think about it, I'm not sure Lucy-in-England would be telling visitors about Narnia (or at least not insisting it's real) unless those visitors are Eustace and Jill or maybe the Professor, so that could have been part of it too.
Memory in Narnia is... complicated. I could make a reasonable argument for Susan remembering the most (e.g. she was the only one who cried upon returning to Narnia in Prince Caspian and realizing that it had been centuries, and therefore everyone they knew was dead), or remembering the least (what little (and somewhat unreliable, given that we have no proof that any of the speakers met her, let alone knew her well) evidence we get from the scene in the Last Battle). (She was also the one who did not want to go on past the lamp post at the end of LWW, which could go either way).
Whatever is actually the case, Narnia clearly does something to memory, especially if you don't want the Pevensies to suffer the full consequences of losing 15 years of their lives. (See xkcd #693 for just a few of the consequences of even a short trip of that kind). If Susan did forget, in any of the various times, I can't blame her, since someone was clearly messing with her mind.
(Sorry about all of the parentheses, I apparently needed to make a lot of notes and tangents).
Whyhow chapter 1 . 5/29/2015
This is very interesting and it really worked.
delete-account-please 5424271 chapter 1 . 9/4/2014
My word really liked this splendid story.
delete-account-please 5237847 chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
Really fantastic.
delete-account-please 5149757 chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
This story was really marvelous.
delete-account-please 4171342 chapter 1 . 7/14/2014
This really was a stunning story.
Fawn chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
I love this! I also had to go back and reread the beginning once I saw that Lucy was speaking about Spare Oom-England. It does fit that Lucy would be the one to remember their first land the most, and that Susan would be the one to forget it the most. It fits wonderfully! I like seeing this explored...

I just wish that Susan and Lucy had decided that they would not let Susan's disbelief get between them when it came to Narnia after they left. I can see that scene coming so close to repeating also, but just never happening...

Well written. Good read.
athenaswings chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
I did! I suppose the fact that Lucy told visitors of it should have been a clue, since they wouldn't really say that they were kings and queens when they're in England.
AcolyteofDaniel chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
Reading this, I can see how you wrote for Inception, too... No, I was not expecting Lucy to be telling stories of England, at all. I was confused for several moments before almost smacking myself in the head. It's an incredibly interesting idea, I admit- maybe Susan is just a little on the crazy side? Either way, very well done, as always!
Laughy-Taffy the Grape chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
Haha, at the end I was kind of like "Whaaaaa . . . ?" I had to read it again a few times before it made sense.
Hikari Urania chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
True I was thinking that they were in England only to finish it and go "Narnia!" You really surprised me so good job on totally twisting the ending. I love these types of surprises...
saturday101 chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
this is one of the best stories I have ever read, this was a great idea!
OldFashionedGirl95 chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
I totally did a double-take and a "Wait, this is in *Narnia*?" I love it, although perhaps I I have trouble seeing Susan and Lucy that distant in Narnia. But really, this is wonderful.
delete-account-please 742011 chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
this is thebestestfriendsforever just moved to a different account. good story.