Reviews for The Right Kind of Friend
Lady Azar de Tameran chapter 4 . 2/27/2012
Very interesting premise. He IS surrounded by very forceful females. Even his fairy. Not to mention his horse. Link does need male companionship, and while many see that with the slash goggles on (myself included at times), it really isn't. Most of us forget that Link was still a child, a boy, one who desperately needed support and guidance. Not to mention honesty.

I do hope you continue.

And no, I've yet to find someone who likes Ruto.
AyndeRod chapter 4 . 9/19/2010
This is really interesting so far, being from the perspective of Navi. And I really like how she reads Link, that Link wants to IMPRESS Sheik, and maybe COMPETE, yet to Navi, Link is above such thoughts. Much amusement there.

I have a question though, are you positive about the title? I mean, I get it, I was totally nodding along with your words about the girls being very... tough minded in Hyrule. But... hm. I guess it's that isn't the irrational fear of women called "Gynophobia"? Not "Hetero"... but then again, I suppose if you take one meaning of hetero to be the meeting of differences, then sure, that fits, but so far you've shown a fear of girls... _ Could you clarify?
Auric Neko chapter 4 . 6/26/2010
Oh, wow! This is so good! And really funny! :D

You write beautifully!

I can't wait to see how you do the bit before the shadow temple - when Link and Sheik encounter that hand-thing! (Bongo Bongo?)

Please finish this! It's so brilliant, it would be a shame to leave it here! :D

I'll be watching! (and I mean that in a non-creepy/ominous manner! XD)
roxxihearts chapter 4 . 6/23/2010
Oh my...looking at it this way...they really are kinda scary! xD
PaladinDragon chapter 4 . 2/3/2010
Ya know, I think I really agree with your reasoning. I think I will hang around and just see where this goes. cx I like your writing style, it is very readable and that's a good thing for me. cx Until next time.

Paladin
Split Infinitive chapter 4 . 2/3/2010
I hate stories that pretend Sheik wasn't a girl. I really do.

And, yet...you've actually written one that not only makes perfect sense but deepens Link's character at the same time. Link needs a role model and, well, now he's found one. Genius!

The voice of the narrative - Navi - is fun, there are no spelling or grammar mistakes I noticed, and the prose is clear and flows nicely. In fact that's two things you've done that other fanfic authors haven't - made a male Sheik convincing and made Navi likeable and not annoying!

Brilliant! Two thumbs up!
Lanari chapter 3 . 12/25/2009
Implode please? It would be funny to see Link go bat-shit on someone for mentioning his duties. I could see him snapping and just leaping on them.
Roy-Fan-33 chapter 3 . 7/14/2009
This is quite enjoyable. Update soon?

- Kay
King Loki chapter 3 . 7/1/2009
I like your Ganondorf.
Alexan Sylvana chapter 3 . 6/26/2009
Huh... Sounds good so far, good story line, and from what I saw, no grammatical errors [at least that I could tell while reading]. Plot seems fine, Sheik sounds to be a separate character altogether, which bodes well for the story, Link appears to have been subjected to a horrible prophecy being forced to take place, betrayed by the princess and Impa [there is no other way to look at it]

I await the next chapter(s).
Arashi-Kumo chapter 3 . 6/23/2009
Aw, poor Link is terrified of Ruto. Don't blame him much though...Good job!
Sir Starlll chapter 3 . 6/15/2009
Hah!

Link's afraid of girls!
Spiritual Stone chapter 3 . 6/14/2009
This is quite good! The title can be a little... off-putting, which is a shame, because this really is a good take on Link's attitude. XD

Nice work!
Captain-Trina chapter 2 . 6/14/2009
I do personally think that Sheik is female, but I can still understand where you're going with this (the title helps). I suppose Link does meet more than his fair share of frightening females (shot for alliteration). All of a sudden, LoZ slash makes a tiny bit of sense! - though still not enough for me to support it :P
butterflysandhurricanes chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
Lol :) poor link running for his life!