Reviews for Geek Squad
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Thanks for that tip, though I hope that I should never be unfortunate to have that happen to my laptop - fingers crossed!

Loved geekboy to Tayna's rescue and Sam channelling his inner Dean and going back into the coffee shop and telling Dean not to wait up! And so Dean with “That’s m’boy.”
Dianne chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
That was nice. And to find stories in regular life things, is very clever! Oh, Best Buy honours its warranties? Good to know. I heard Future Shop doesn't. I have to buy a new laptop one of these days because mine's an old dinosaur Thinkpad that still has a place for a floppy disc ... yep, definitely time to hit the road. Anyway, I loved that Sam could use his geek knowledge to help out. Great story!
Muffy Morrigan chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
I love Sam's amazing geek powers. LOVE THIS STORY. It was just a perfect slice of awesomeness to start the day. I miss these boys so much!

Five Impalas, lovingly detailed freshly waxed full of a sweet Dean and a geeky Sam coming to help you with everything you need *winks*
lostatc chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Thank you for the lesson! I'll keep it in mind. And seriously, Eugene is the the closest Best Buy? Southern Oregon is more desolate than I remember it being.

The story! Cute and I'm so glad that Sam decided to go back in and "make a friend."
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Very interesting! I love the tip - now i have something else in my arsenal to try if I have a computer problem. Look at us, learning from each other. Real world skills here on fanfic, I say! Great story, as well. Helpful Sam is adorable and bruised, helpful Sam is even better :)
Nana56 chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Hahaha Unfortunately, my adventures with the Geek Squad have not been as pleasant. They told me my laptop had no problems as the screen was flashing light and dark. A week later it was permanently dark and the warranty had expired. *sigh*

I have a Sony tower that's almost 5 years old, tho and I love it. It's getting tired, but I keep nursing it along. :)

Oh, that's right...there was a fic here I should be reviewing. LMAO

It was very good. Glad Sam's going to go have some fun. :)
PADavis chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Thanks for giving Sam the bop upside the head. This was a fantastic line:

Pie, sex, and music fixed a lot of things in Dean’s world, but he was not his brother. Then again…

They fix a lot of stuff!

Phoebe
J.A. Carlton chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Call tech support? Great advice unless you use voip. :D

Excellent story though. :D Thanks for sharing milady! Both yours AND the boys'. Gotta love it when Sammy gets a little good stuff.

love to all.

me
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Ah, if only geek squad geeks actually looked like Sam. :)

But great little moment when the geek gets the girl. Loved Sam's self-awareness of how intimidating his height can be.

Yummy.

My own laptop horror story involved a battery that suddenly decided it wouldn't hold a charge for more than three seconds combined with a short in the power cord. Bottom line: computer wouldn't boot up. Of course, I had to leave it with the geeks (none of whom looked like Sam) overnight for them to figure out that the short was the problem. They patched the cord, but by the time I added up the cost of a new cord (insanely expensive), a new battery and some extra memory, I was halfway to a new computer. I got the new computer and, phew, managed to transfer all my files.

Cheers, Sculls

P.S. External hard drives are awesome, too!
badaiwind chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Learning experience.

Back-up is important. ;)
tanpopo no hana chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
lol.

Ah... the joys of modern technology. I recently decided I wanted to get rid of Nero since it was causing problems and deleted all Nero files I could find. After that NONE of the three media players I have would play avi files anymore. Everytime I started an ep or a movie or whatever I got the message "Fatal error, please reinstall Nero". I was like... "wtf? what does Nero have to do with it?". I did what I always do and went to whine at my bf, who then griped about how why I didn't properly deinstall Nero like I should have. Apparently you shouldn't just delete things. Oops. He then spent 2 hours with my laptop deinstalling and reinstalling things and... I dunno.

I'm so tech-challenged. sigh. Glad your computer works again :)!
Chiiyo86 chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Sam at the rescue! I wish I had Sam when I have computer problems...

I really know how you felt when you had your laptop problems. I remember this day when I had spilled water on the table, and the laptop got wet... I had fics in progress, and important college work on it, and of course, I had back up none of it. Fortunately, when it dried, the laptop worked as well as ever and I had lost nothing. But I remember how scared I had been!
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Enjoyed both your stories.

I'm glad that Sam listened to Dean about Tanya. Always love that line "That's m'boy".

Thanks for the information about the computers. I always end up calling my sister and asking her what to do.

Thanks for sharing your stories with us.
vampyfreak chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
lol liked the fic
chiselchest chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Lol! What a story... both of them. :D Nice to read something where Sammy is rewarded (for lack of better word), for his geekiness.

Anyways, great job! And its good to hear you didn't loose anything. Something of that nature occured to me (twice) and I really thought the world would end. Drama queen much, huh? :D
32 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »