Reviews for Numb
Euphoracle chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
Very good, thanks.
reflekshun chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
This is a beautiful read that I truly enjoyed. Thank you so much for sharing.
Olivia Greene chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
So, this is the plot bunny you mentioned? Hmmn, seems the movie is good for something after all XD. And the quote is from “Crime and Punishment”, nice…

Holmes, you think far, far too much. But then again, that’s the whole point, isn’t it? Ah well. Silly of him to go barefoot if the ground is frozen, but then again, when the game’s afoot, who’s got time to put on shoes…?

*headdesk* I’m sorry, I couldn’t resist. World’s Worst Pun of the Week over.

And I LOVE the last bit in italics - ending on a positive note. Wonderful.
Wirral Bagpuss chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
What a lovely story. I enjoyed it. You can really feel Holmes's pain with his feet. And Watson is lovely. I like the sentence in which you described Watson going out to face deomons of illness and yet we see Holmes facing the demons of his mind. Clever. The story makes you want to hug them both ! :)
medcat chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
I liked your story! It is different from your usual style, but it is good. This was a great line:

“Ah, Holmes. What can one do, after all, but laugh at the absurdities of life?”

“Quite a lot. But it’s better to have laughter.”

How very true...in some situations, one must laugh or risk losing one's sanity..
Monty Twain chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
I liked this exploration... Quite different to my own alcoholic fable. Hmm. Add to favs. Hey are you going to needle nib a series for us?
Savethellamas chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Aw, I liked this very much. Poor Holmes, that part with the liquor gave me chills. But the ending with the socks and all was just adorable. There were so many wonderful lines, it's hard to decide which ones I liked best. But I think I have to mention this:

“Ah, Holmes. What can one do, after all, but laugh at the absurdities of life?”

“Quite a lot. But it’s better to have laughter.”

“It is…it truly is.”

Couldn't agree more. . Well done!
KCS chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
That was splendid, in a lovely dark sort of way. Poor fellow.

But he did keep his promise, and that is the most important thing - in my opinion, loophole or not, resisting by any means possible and keeping his word keeps his honour still intact, if slightly bent. Good show for a start, definitely, if you mean this to be a filler for Professional. I likez it. :)

BTW, you *have* to give us the story on the odd green-striped socks.
Rachel chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
This was very vividly drawn and emotionally powerful. I enjoyed it so much - thank you!