Reviews for Fulfilling a Prophecy
NBrokenShacklesN chapter 1 . 5/30/2014
This is awesome! There is not enough fanfics with digory, but this one is amazing. Thumbs up!
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
This is a good story.
Tareei chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
I'm afraid I'll have to go all British on you and shout 'Brilliant! Bloody brilliant!' : D I loved this look into one of the details we dont often think about, and how you managed to use Marjorie as a means of Aslan's foresight. This reminds me of the Andy Andrews book 'the butterfly effect'- one life, once choice can change so much (and for the better) if we just trust. I dont mean to gush, but I was really touched by this. Thank you for writing it!
pcturnernetscape.net chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
Nice tie-up. I especailly liked the 'pay-back' with the cigarette tin.

(Though I sometimes think Mr Lewis should have been a bit more careful about his own loose ends)

quiller
TheNotedMusician chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
Great job! This is really creative, and I like the little details you put in. This was well written, and the characters were done extremely well. Keep up the good work!

TheNotedMusician
snowstargirl chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
Great job! Aslan is over everything, even getting the Pevensies to the professor’s house… and the parallel to the first King and Queen of Narnia was really neat.
spinningleaves chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
Aww gosh! So utterly heartwarming! I really loved the way you told it from an outsider's perspective. The comment about the professor being mad as a hatter was particularly funny. And the idea of a debt repaid was very fitting!
Rose and Thorn chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
This is fantastically original. I love it. Marjorie is a determined, steadfast OC ( a rarity these days) and your Digory is spot on as the professor. No other fic, from my wanderings, has even touched upon this subject. Great job.

~ Rose and Thorn
gatogirl1 chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
"No need to apologise. Disturbances are the spice of life. Without them, we should all be boring old sots, and one must resist being boring at all costs. Nothing interesting about being boring. Adventures start with a disturbances, my dear, so should be welcomed by all right thinking people."

Just had to drop a quick line, but really. This bit here was positively brilliant. _ Diggory's quirky nature- both from the movie and books- pops right out. I can almost hear him saying it _
SpangleyPony chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
This was great. My favourite part was when Mrs Brown went to talk to the Professor, his mutterings were excellent, coupled with her confusion. A person would have bright eyes if they had seen Narnia. Great job :)
ShakNali chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
This was very nicely written. I'd never thought about "before", and you put in just enough to make it interesting without going into long, unnecessary details. I enjoyed reading it.
Love and Rock Music chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
Hmm, this was quite good! The situation you created was very realistic; I felt very aware of the war and the sacrifices that needed to be made. I liked the way that the Professor chose the Pevensies - I feel quite sure that as a learned man, Digory would have been looking out for signs, and that he'd know about the prophecy does not surprise me at all! Marjorie's concern seemed very genuine, and I enjoyed her character's perspective.

But to be honest, I think this should have cut off right after Marjorie agreed to send the Pevensies to the Professor instead, or maybe after the bit about solemn thanks. The rest of the story kind of lags. We like Marjorie because she shows a bit of motherly concern after the Pevensie children. But it's a generic kindness that she extends, and the real focus of story is the Professor and the Pevensies; that's who we readers are really interested in. As an ordinary non-romantic OC, it is very unusual for her to keep remembering/thinking of them. Having her name her first child after Lucy seems most far-fetched - and a bit stalkerish. Also, I feel a little like you were pushing the point with the image of Aslan. The scene with her husband and family seemed - well, boring, and the story about the bullet - I thought - contributed nothing to the fic overall.

I'm just saying, it's very odd for Marjorie to be so affected by those little Pevensies when she knew them only briefly. But great job, I enjoyed it. Cheers!
mokatster chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
I really enjoyed this! I especially loved Professor Kirke; you captured his eccentricity perfectly! His talk of disturbances being the spice of life actually sounded like something that Dumbledore from the Harry Potter series would say.

I loved the evidence of Aslan working in this world to bring the Pevensies to him. Having the names of Frank and Helen Pevensie influence Digory's decision to house the Pevensie children was a nice touch.

Thanks for this story!
Princess Lucy chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
That was a very neat story I wish it were longer
rthstewart chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Hooray for seeing one of the most underused characters in fic! Digory Kirke is lovingly rendered here as filled with humor, goodness, and cleverness, and ever so eccentric. So fun that he refers even to his own housekeeper as The Macready. "open and close your mouth like a haddock"! Yet, what is so lovely about this too is how he carries forward even now those few life changing days in Narnia. He remembers it and still cherishes it. A lovely piece. Thank you.