Reviews for Inner Conflict
theHuntgoeson chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
This is agonisingly good. Agonising, because it encapsulates all the sense of hurt and betrayal in that scene, one of the most painful to watch in the whole series, and because you are able to identify so clearly how every betrayal that Gene has undergone informs his bitter reaction to Alex's tape and to her desperate, incoherent attempts to explain herself. Some people have complained about his reaction in this scene, but you make us understand why he responds as he does. Almost too painful to read, but so very truthful.
CoffinWood chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
You know, I think you could actually use this as a great jump-off point for a longer series! Think about it - this is a really nice piece of writing and I'd like to see more from you.
GlassBomb chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
... Oh, that is amazing.

I didn't actually expect you to write it, so bless your heart for doing so - no one's ever written me a fic before!

Absolutely, completely and shockingly heartbreaking, and I shall now watch that scene in a different light forever.

I love you immensely. :D If there's anything I can write for you, let me know. Thank you!
Gem6 chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
Oh god... :'(

Brilliant, amazing work.

Gem x
AUCat chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
I cried watching this scene on the show and you have just made it worse. Beautiful job!
Aliciooop chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Poor Gene [

Well-written as always, thank you (:

...does this mean you can start on mine now? :p

Alice x
lioness2611 chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
I hated this scene in ep 8, I just wanted to scream at Gene that she was telling the truth and kill Alex for telling him the truth when he was never going to believe it, arrgh! You've written his thoughts really well throigh this though.

x lioness x
Igiveup chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Wow. I like how first Gene is thinking about Sam had betrayed him, and wondering if Sam would have come back if Annie hadn't been there, to becoming protective of Sam's memory when Alex compared herself to him.

Just one thing: The large block of text in the middle, starting with, "And she was nodding. Nodding as though she really did care..." It goes on a bit long, maybe you could try to break it up a bit? It made it a bit hard to read.