Reviews for My own direction
Ky111 chapter 1 . 11/3
Great one-shot would really like to see a follow up to this.

Catalina H chapter 1 . 10/1
This was great! It'd be awesome if you could do a follow up or something to show the rest of the team's reactions when Tony doesn't come back into work (for however long). Anyway, good job!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/26/2013
Wish there was more. What did the rest of the twam think? Where did he go?
infinimato chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
"The last time he took a long, serious look at it was after Gibbs made his car-dive into deep cold water, dying and then never thanking Tony for saving his life.
And then he went to work and received a head slap as though absolutely nothing had happened."

Yep. Excellent take on what easily could have happened here, if they weren't so busy writing DiNozzo as Gibb's eager-for-abuse whipping pup.
Deleted18 chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
Good job!
Lindy chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
I just read this, and with the reruns in USA it's very timely. I wish this is what Tony had done. You've really captured the change sin the team dynamic and how much the others overlook Tony's contributions. The characters seem very true to themselves. Nice job!
Laura-trekkie chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
This was a sad, yet satisfying story. Tony didn't deserve the disrespect and snide remarks he got from McGee and Ziva, he didn't deserve the way Gibbs returned, or the way Vance dismissed him because he couldn't work a computer like McGee.

I'm glad that Tony had the self-esteem and self-worth he needed to get out and I loved the final scene with Gibbs; how Gibbs didn't think Tony was running away this time and how he didn't try to talk him out of it, but just gave him time to work it out himself. Finally some much-needed respect for Tony. I wonder if it's too little too late?
MarieP chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
Well done ... Perhaps there will be a followup?
Hieiko chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
Aw, I love how you wrote Tony and Gibbs here. :)
Bookworm chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
I clicked on this by accident.

I find it amusing how very similar we McGee fans actually are with Dinozzo fans.

This was very well written but Abby is the most self absorbed character in the show - bugs me how everyone else but her takes the fall for her actions and inability to follow orders because Gibbs clearly favours her.

I was not keen on the way McGee acted in S6 but felt it was necessary for the character and find it slightly hypocrtitical that McGee can be called a jerk for his behaviour but it is perfectly ok for Dinozzo to treat McGee how he likes.

I do not subscribe to the "needs toughening up" nonsense. It's bullying where i come from. Tony certainly helped toughen McGee up and in S6 reaped the rewards - though i am glad they removed that smugness from McGee in s7
Doni chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Nicely done.
Detour chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
It's strange; I find this take on the team to be both in character and yet outside the character that I normally assign to them...

Also, it was very sad to read. I suppose because it was believeable!

Hurray to the lines about Vance and McGee; totally in tune with that.
AndSoSheDanced chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
Nicely written! I have to say after watching "Bounce" I was a little irked at how Tony had gone to Palmer to talk through things, but I never thought about him being a sounding board. Enjoyed reading it!
scryoko chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
Oh, this was deliciously angsty and heartfelt. I was wondering if you were going to write a sequel for this? I can't quite see this as just a standalone (or maybe I just need closure - of any kind, be it a good or bad ending). Either way, I'd love to read more if you're going to more. _
henchgirl chapter 1 . 6/24/2009