Reviews for Jackalopes and Jobberknolls
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 6 . 11/15/2015
I don't really like the premise of this story. It doesn't hardly distinguish at all between the two Harrys. They said it themselves: "We are one person in two bodies." It takes JKR's Fred and George twins idea to it's ultimate extreme. For all intents and purposes you've got only one character that happens to be able to inhabit two places at once. It's almost like after Voldemort marked Harry that somebody (the author) came in and cloned him, right down to the scar. There's no explanation how two boys could possibly have identical scars.

The trouble is that even if the reader accepts this preposterous premise, there really isn't anything that the two of them do that a single Harry couldn't (with a little help from friends). What actually happens is that we have a golden trio consisting of the two Harrys and Luna instead of Harry, Ron and Hermione. What the reader would like to see is the two Harrys bring together Slytherin and Gryffindor, and the two of them have some advantage over Voldemort in a duel since they can coordinate an attack. The reader might also like the two boys to ship with Luna and either Hermione or Ginny, but they're kinda already soul-bound together, which leaves no room for mates.

Apart from that, the story is well-written and proofread, so it's fine that way. Luna's dialog is also well-written.
Gen-in-the-Eve chapter 6 . 4/15/2015
This was a delightfully whimsical story. The ideas about self and brotherhood were interesting and I must say this is my ultimate favorite twins in different houses story I've encountered. It was also very well told from Luna's point of view; I like how well you captured the thoughtful aspects of her. And though the rest of the cast was minor and mostly merely alluded to, I found the little cameos delightful, especially Draco's proposal. Anyway, it was a complete surprise but an utter joy to read.
GuesssWho chapter 6 . 3/30/2015
I was imagining Bigfoot, myself LOL
TatterdemalionDandelion chapter 6 . 12/22/2014
What a gorgeous story! Luna is spectacular - not ditzy but rather otherwordly. Ri and Ro are delightful, and their solution to the horcrux/prophesy/hallows dilemma was genius!

What a lush description of roadtripping, too - the nights under the stars sounded perfect.

I also liked Hermione's and Luna's relationship - I hate it how too often it's depicted as antagonistic. Personally, I'm a bit disappointed that Luna didn't get together with Ri and Ro, but I can respect your reasoning. As someone who's always thought about escaping life to be a trucker, your description of Harry's double life as a celebrity Auror and truck driver sounds divine!

Great job, and I'm looking forward to more of your writing.
long live marshmallows chapter 5 . 12/17/2014
That really abrupt marriage proposal was very smart!
long live marshmallows chapter 3 . 12/17/2014
I like what Luna says about not being the same person when you look up, ad the same, with how the stars are ever going to be the same!
long live marshmallows chapter 1 . 12/17/2014
Okay before I review on anything else: "you can listen and then escape." That's the BEST LINE EVER. SERIOUSLY. XD I love that line. Would you mind if I ever use that phrase?
This is an interesting take on the twin thing. I haven't really read any other stories about twins, but this sounds like it would be unique amngst the others!
Terahlyanwe chapter 6 . 2/16/2014
Oh, this was so enjoyable, and I love the little mysteries left over. :)
bookworm914 chapter 6 . 12/31/2013
This was delightfully whimsical and an excellent character piece. I particularly like the way you explained Luna eavesdropping in the library - "being a pair of ears" etc.
Thanks.
Devil Reader chapter 6 . 10/16/2013
I wonder what it would have been like for the Weasley and Potter twins to meet.
Mon Esprit Libre chapter 6 . 8/2/2013
Lovely story, thanks for writing it :)
Scioneeris chapter 6 . 7/18/2013
This was a darling little tale. I absolutely adored it. It makes me want to write all kinds of twinsy things about Harry now. LOL. Fabulous writing, excellent plot and I love Luna. I was reading it because it was her and this was fantastic. So very well done! :) This is definitely going on my favorites list.
3dumplings3 chapter 5 . 7/12/2013
Amazing.
3dumplings3 chapter 1 . 7/12/2013
Your writing is so refreshing and interesting :) This plot is quite entertaining, can't wait to see what happens next.
FreelanceBum chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
So...who did they take to the ball? The Patil twins? Only Luna, saying both were entered as one champion so they only get one date?