Reviews for A Dragon's Loyalty
starryskyondragon'sback chapter 1 . 10/13/2015
THANK YOU THIS IS FABULOUS AND I MIGHT HAVE TO DO SOME WRITING OF MY OWN FOR THIS!
I cannot tell you how excited I was to see Devil Kings. I usually hang out in Dragon Age and Mass Effect.
Put Ya Guns On chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
Heheh, as you can probably tell by my username, I'm quite a fan of the Masamune Date/Azure Dragon character, so you get points for making his army the "good guys" here.

I've always liked the idea of this having the POV of one of the common, lowly footsoldiers. You really made me feel for the main character. He's got his own goals, his own dreams. From what I know, feudal lords basically just saw their footsoldiers as tools for furthering their goals, but you really did a good job showing that they're in fact people too. I actually felt sorry for him at the end. (Please tell me he's just unconscious...XP)

Also, you really portrayed Dragon pretty well. You pretty much got him spot-on with how Masamune Date is in the anime; a good lord who's good to his men to the point where they pretty much love him. In the part where they're riding out to fight Muri, and he gives a "spirit raising war cry", I immediately pictured him yelling "ARE YOU READY GUYS! PUT YA GUNS ON!"

Okay, I'll be honest. I do like Sengoku Basara over Devil Kings, BUT I'm not a fanboy who will denounce DK simply because "ZOMG ITS NOT TEH JAPANEES ORIGNAL KAWAII GRORIOUS NIPPON DESU", so you don't lose any points for this being a DK fic. This was just so well done that it really doesn't matter. Plus, DK is a good game in itself anyway, Basara or not, and I think it needs a little more love.

Great job. Keep up the good work. Fav'd.
KurohanaS chapter 1 . 7/20/2009