Reviews for Tethered to Life
Bones2014 chapter 1 . 3/3
This story is amazing!
Maria chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
This is gorgeous: lyrical in some spots, vivid, and such spot on B/B characterizations.
ninetythreeone chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
Cosmic stubbornness. I love it! Seriously though, I could actually *feel* the whole thing as if I was standing right there. It was pretty incredible :D
khalek-aeryn chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
I read this story in passing about 6 months ago and have been looking for it since.

LOVE IT! I really do. It's raw, and I love it raw.

D
TLWtlw chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
Good story, but he is not double her body weight. Brennan is slender, but not anorexic. She is tall and probably weighs about 130, that is not half of 190. In the Hero in the Hold Cam said the kidnapper was carrying 190 pounds of unconcious Booth
anonymous.individual chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
Omg - wow. That was amazing.
Alicia9876 chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Excellent. Love your writing!
Hannah Taylor1 chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
This was physically painful to read. OUCH. Your descriptions of Brennan's shoulders as they dislocate ... *shudder*

Beyond that, so many of the visuals were searing, from the look in Booth's eyes as he falls, his insistence on saving her even if it means dying himself, to that indelible image of him tearing down the mountain with her in his arms.

He's carried her emotional baggage for so many years. This was an extraodinary way of reversing their roles.

Favorite line:

"... he wondered at how time could stretch taffy-like."

This piece was all shades of awesome. I stand in awe of your writing prowess.
lizzie96 chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Seriously? You leave it there? Come on, that's just cruel!

It's great by the way :D made my arms feel funny.
Kalidris chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
Oh - I've read this story for I think 10 times, but only now I realize that I've never reviewed it. Tststs ... how could that happen? Doesn't matter I think.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you how I love this little piece here ). I'm not sure if in real life it would have been possible for a small person like Bones to hold someone with Booth's weight, but I just assume that adrenaline can make a lot of things happen, huh? But gravity aside I think that Bones indeed would have done everything in her power to safe Booth; she never would have let go of him, regardless if he likes that or not ;)

I'd really like to read a companion piece to this one; so if your muse kisses you one day: don't be shy do post something ;)
bonesparticulat chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Magnificent. Thank you.
yankee306 chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
I'm enjoying the hell out of your stories and am pausing here for a review, but I really like everything I've read so far. As for this story in particular, ow, ow, ow! (In re: Brennan's arms, not the story. Her being able to hold him, especially by one arm, doesn't seem entirely plausible to me, by my knowledge of anatomy approaches nil and it works for purposes of the story.)

"'What exactly are you going to do if I slip? Lecture me about gravity?'"

"'Which one? The one that looks like a muppet'"

Great Booth lines.

"'it hurts my giant manchild feelings'"

Thank you for finding an alternative to "alpha male."

"slicing through the green swell of Virginia forest like a shark fin rising from the water"

You use metaphors and similes very well; evocative and original and not overdone.

Lots of great active and evocative (clearly, I'm feeling uneloquent at the moment) verbs, like wended, saturated, stippled, cantilevered, wheeling, yawing . . . you get the idea.
DaLiza chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
Yea Bones! Love her determination to save Booth even as he begs her to let go. Awesome. :)
2BBornot2BB chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Amazing tension. Loved it.
Anna chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
OMG! YOU HAVE TO MAKE THAT MULTICHAP!