Reviews for Let The Cat Out Of The Bag
Tripleguess chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
It makes sense, and I like it, and it was fun to read. I never quite thought of Tutu *as* the heart shard itself but that makes sense too, and cleans up a lot of the "but what about afterwards" awkwardness.

Thanks again. It's always nice to enjoy something that I didn't work for. Keep writing. )
CreatorofTheChimerical chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
One of the things I always regretted about the series was that we couldn't see Mr. Cat dance more! I mean considering the fact that he's their teacher he must be pretty good! As for what song they would dance to; perhaps the dance of the cats, from sleeping beauty?
Starherd chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
Excellent work. :-) Mr. Cat's behavior was always such that I wondered if he didn't have a heart shard for a while, and I was disappointed to never see that explored, so this works quite well as an episode-that-isn't - filling in a gap. I also like the nosing at the difference between Duck and Tutu's feelings in terms of intensity. I can safely say that you understand such far better than you let on. ;-)

Also, Mr. Cat curling up in the chair with his tail over his nose. Nice. _
LunaSphere chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
You capture the tone of PT well and this reads like an episode that was just left out of the anime.

I always did enjoy Mr. Cat too and this encounter between him and Tutu was at once lovely and hilarious. The idea that he's driven on by the desire for people to strive for their goals is beautiful and fits with his character too-it's like those startlingly lucid moments of advice and insight he offers in the anime, so at odds with his insane feline persona and yet, completely in line with it too somehow.

This passage was my favorite: "Students passed through his paws, becoming some of the finest dancers in the continent. But then they all left Goldkrone, seldom to return and never to ask him for anything more than a moment of speech; and yet after years of teaching, still he taught, and still he danced, alone." I loved the characterization of Mr. Cat here and also the hint that this isolated, forgotten town that's trapped in Drosselmeyer's story is somehow producing virtuosos who mysteriously go off into the larger world is somehow wonderfully intriguing.