Reviews for Breakfast In New York
odonnellzoo99 chapter 31 . 1/17
Apparently it was time to read one of my all time favorites again. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve read this. It doesn’t matter. I still love it.
GryffindorTom chapter 31 . 1/7
I've read this a few times and, every time I do, I'm always ending it in tears. Good work
Apprentice Tom chapter 31 . 12/30/2021
Thanks for sharingI enjoyed the story. Well done.!
BohemianVoldemort chapter 31 . 12/24/2021
The only real complaint with this fic I have is that it equates happiness with getting married and having several kids.
erstwhile-S chapter 31 . 12/1/2021
I’ve read this story before, but found it even better in my second reading now. It’s a lovely story of Harry and Hermione finding each other even when people and events tried to keep them apart. All that money helped too! Enjoyed the blend of British and American flavours, and not just in food. Thanks.
BerserkLittleCook chapter 1 . 10/25/2021
It's a flashback inside a flashback...
Mastersgtjames chapter 7 . 9/15/2021
Was really liking this story, till this chapter.

Now? I want to beat the crap out of the author. I mean? WHAT?

There is NO WAY that Harry would forgive Hermione or not be angry. There is NO WAY that this would not be viewed, by him, as the WORST betrayal. She KNOWS him, has known him, since he was a child. KNOWS that the ONE THING he has ALWAYS wanted was a family, and especially children. It is his thing. So her not telling him about them? Or at least not putting more effort into it, when he is CLEARLY not getting her letters? That garbage. She, with this action, is not a friend. She is a thief. She STOLE his children, STOLE YEARS of their lives from him. I could understand him maybe coming to terms with things, after years of getting re-connected to her. But he would NOT forgive her immediately, or not be angry.

This is trashy romance on the level of Twilight. With how unrealistic it is. Hermione, in this story, is a garbage human being. A waste of salt.
Mastersgtjames chapter 2 . 9/15/2021
Cannot imagine Harry ignoring how both Ron AND Ginny seem to not think Ron cheating was strange or unacceptable. Ginny was likely cheating on Harry too.
Mastersgtjames chapter 1 . 9/15/2021
Cannot see Harry keeping or drinking Alcohol, especially with his childhood and Vernon.
Homarid chapter 3 . 9/4/2021
There is something about constant flashbacks I really hate. I understand you don't really want to start the story in the past, but you also need the past to explain the present because this is mostly AU. I just don't like this style of story telling. The other stuff seems great. I like what you are doing with magical lore, I like the setting changing from England to New York City, I kind of prefer H/Hr romance to H/G, and of course the grammar and writing has been flawless as far as I can tell. All that is to say I think you have a good work of fiction here, but I'm going to pause and come back later.
DaoistDarkNorth chapter 1 . 9/1/2021
Man, I fucking cried in the end. Like in my mind, the breakfast in New York was a long time ago. It was like I was in the story and living in it. Thank you for the good read and sappy romance you made.
DaoistDarkNorth chapter 31 . 9/1/2021
Man, I fucking cried! Like my feelings over the roof right now, thinking this can't be already! But it did and I'm sad. It feels like it has been long time from the their breakfast in New York. This definitely is one the good reads. Thank you, Author, for the sappy and most wholesome romance you made. 3
Incantations7 chapter 31 . 8/28/2021
It’s kind of rare for me to read a good story with a lot of chapters (that are decent length as well) and when I get to the end, I actually said “F**k! I can’t be done already?”, but I did with this one.

It definitely grabbed me by the feels several times and caused a few tears (the wedding and the birth of her children were 2 examples), and it didn’t feel like it was overbearing or heavy handed in using several crutches that many fanfic authors use, like making Harry super powerful or something else like making him an animagus…

I also enjoyed seeing what you did by completely ignoring the epilogue of canon, and it was a nice change of pace to see that instead of another “what can I change to get them together while they’re in Hogwarts”…
KnowInsight chapter 31 . 8/25/2021
Great story!

That last scene really got me crying.

I also really like what you did with Petunia and Dudley. Especially the reason behind Petunia's behavior. It made a lot of sense.

The eros syndrome was an interesting twist. With all the babies after the war I wonder if it was the syndrome. it was mentioned in passeing it was not uncommon to have the gene, but unusual for it to activate. I wonder if the war activate it in a lot more then usually and one of the reasons the gene is so common is to help repopulate after a significant loss of the magical population.
pickledgarlic chapter 1 . 8/3/2021