Reviews for Breakfast In New York
jmschulz73gmail.com chapter 1 . 8/27
I loved the story, could hardly stop reading especially given the fact that you placed Hermione in St Louis for a while. Grew up near there (close enough to bike into Clayton up Manchester)
Still a Cards fan since the Marlins can't even win against the mets in Miami (last game i went to was 12-0 shutout)
the story flowed very well with all the characters believable and quite well written.

UMSL Class of '97
PaultheEwok chapter 31 . 8/28
Great story, I really enjoyed it. The one quibble I had was with Ron, I thought they forgave him too easily and way too quickly, especially having him as a groomsman. But I've always been indifferent to Ron but after what he did in this story, just no. I'd rather have seen him estranged like Ginny. Anyway great story overall. Awesome
Tuah Kayne chapter 31 . 8/20
Holy shit I cried...Thank you. This is beautiful
capo327 chapter 13 . 8/18
The whole reunion would have been a whole lot better without Ron and Lavender there. I dunno why Hermione wouldn't wait until she had a moment alone with Harry to have him meet his children. Doing so in front of the fiance who cheated on her during the first time they've seen each other since, well no one would want to do that so it read really weird. Not to mention how it keeps being repeated that Lavender was somehow not a doormat for putting up with years of infidelity just because he eventually stopped.
capo327 chapter 6 . 8/17
"Still Harry…, you should have given your horrible wife who is already rich anyway half of your entire fortune that your parents left you because you were (supposedly) married to her for a very short while."

Jesus christ, Hermione. Also her not knowing anything about the other schools goes against canon where she was the one to scoff at Harry not knowing about the other non-Hogwarts magical schools.
gunghoun chapter 16 . 7/25
I've been enjoying this quite a bit, but I have finally decided to give up on it for the one huge flaw that has been cropping up again and again and again. You keep having the same information revealed to the same characters multiple times, only to have them forget about it and be surprised when they learn about it again. Such as when Hermione had to be told by Harry that in foreign countries muggleborns are found and welcomed as children, but then be surprised when her sister was brought into the magical world as a child. Or Harry telling Rose he's quite wealthy when she is questioning him about whether he can provide for Hermione, and now AGAIN the next morning when she's questioning the cost of flying between countries.

You have this world in mind that you're trying to reveal to the reader, but then constantly forgetting which parts you've already revealed to us.
sisyphus1967 chapter 30 . 7/25
This remains one of my favorite stories. I tend to like stories where Harry is in some way exceptional and we don't really see any of that here. Similarly I'm not sure where the idea of Harry as a Catholic really comes into play. Nothing wrong with it, it just seems sudden. But the idea of them randomly meeting and the way you worked in the back stories was brilliant. I enjoyed your portrayal of Ginny as she always seems a little "loose" in canon. But all the characters were so relatable that it all hangs together remarkably well. Thank you.
Good story but same bullshit about wizarding britain is backward and USA is advanced seriously what this superiority complex about you americans
firetemplar415 chapter 31 . 7/14
Such manly tears were shed in this final chapter...
desireejones99 chapter 31 . 3/17
So very amazing, 31 exceptional chapters of an Epic story
HoosierCullen chapter 31 . 3/2
Awesome fic. I loved the whole thing and could not have found a better Harmony fic to read. You did an excellent job in telling this story of love lost and love found. You have a great way of telling your story and building your characters. Though I wish they had been together sooner and you write a bit more of their life together this was perfect in how you did it and the ending though very emotional was very well done and executed. Thank you for sharing your story with the rest of us.
MoltenCheese chapter 31 . 2/18
This story was fantastic! Very well written! Good Job!
KSpringer chapter 31 . 2/12
Read this about once a year - still a good read.
Thank you for your time and talent!
Lady Psychopath chapter 31 . 2/7
So sweet.
Saissa chapter 31 . 2/4
Wonderful story! Absolutely wonderful!