Reviews for It's Just What We Do
Awesome! :)
lilawonder chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
Great story!
honeydust9251 chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
Good story. While I have never been in a "first responder" position, I have been in a position of having to clean up after someone else's stupidity. The smells, the sounds, the sights are things that stay with you and unfortunately, gallows humor is sometimes what keeps you sane. There are days when it is harder to hang on to your humanity than it is to do the job. Some days the job just sucks. Well written.
Mulderette chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
Great story. I think you did an excellent job of getting into the characters' heads. Very nice work :)
woof chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
i love this story! poor tony and mcgee! Gibbs came to the rescue!
SchlubBs chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
Thanks for writing this. You voiced some serious thoughts in this story that could be mine.

So, I work with old people for a year now and in this time three of them died, two at a hospital, one just two days ago with us. Of course, I've been thinking about them, but I don't know... their deaths never affected me as much as I thought they would.

Not once did I dream about them or shed a tear, even though I grew very close to two of them. But it just didn't happen. And somehow I felt like I was a bad person just because of that. Like I was all cold inside and didn't have any feelings at all, though I know that's not true.

So, it's good to hear someone say it, even if it's in fiction, but you are right. Some people just have to hold it together, for others and for themselves. And in a job like Tony's or like mine it's really important to have people who can keep their emotions at bay. People who are able to stow it away and move on without any emotional downfall.

Once again, thanks for writing this. It reassures me and it made me realize that I'm not a coldhearted bitch just because I don't have nightmares over the death of a patient.
Sarah1965 chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
Nicely done, you've captured the emotions really well.
WayLowHalo chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
I love Gibbs and he was great in this! And poor Tony all vulnerable and upset... aw... And McGee too. Poor dear.

Anyway, I enjoyed this. Very cool.
poohbear123 chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
GREAT STORY.
Bamacrush chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
That was very touching. You did a great job with the characters.
alli1 chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
Excellent story. Very touching and true to character. It's nice to see a side of Tony that shows he is not as cold as he'd like everyone to think and that Gibbs clearly knows this. Perfect ending, too.
Nyxelestia chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
Hm...apart from the teary-eyed part, this was an excellent fic. Sorry about the crappy shift. _

Do widzenia. _
Aggie Escott chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
Great oneshot, MG. I liked the emotion you got from Tony, and the compassion he showed fort Tim. Tony isn't a fave character of mine - I like Tim best, because I don't think Tony shows enough emotion. Your little story put that right.

Aggie xx

PS Gibbs is my absolute fave and I think you got him spot on!