Reviews for Heiress by Blood
Anenihan chapter 9 . 10/9/2009
dum dum dum... (no not like dumb, but like onamous drum conclusion)...

I think the king should slap Mel and Shevraeth should retaliate and defend her... but then they both would be in the dugeon and that would do no good... unless Shevraeth killed the king! But then your story would be pretty much over because there would be no plot... just mindless fluff trying to get Mel and Shev together... not that that's bad either. Le Sigh. I guess that leaves Mel in the dugeon with Bran waiting for Shev to save them both. LOL

Can't wait! meow
math music reading chapter 9 . 10/9/2009
Poor Vidanric, Mel really doesn't like him. I love how in character she is with her own rashness and bluntness, she's refreshing but still competent enough to survive politics. The comments about Russav never letting Vidanric forget about embarassing moments were hilarious, it's so like him!
MissAX chapter 9 . 10/9/2009
I am very excited for this update.

It's been forever since I read this story, but Danric's POV was great and very amusing. Anxiously awaiting the update!
Sheryl chapter 9 . 10/9/2009
o! love love love it.

what is meliara going to do? I want to find out. When's the next chapter coming?
FelSong chapter 2 . 10/7/2009
Don't worry about no one reviewing..they might still be reading. At least that's the case with Gypsy Queen for me..the Traffic tool on is amazing! I'm looking forward to see how Vidanric comes into the picture...
Merlyn's mustard-pot chapter 8 . 9/13/2009
This is such a great idea, and it sets this story apart from all the others which have the same plot as the book, just with different povs. I love this story because the characters have depth and stay true to the personalities of the book while in a totally new and enthralling situation. I love the agresion of Mel toward Vidanric, and the direction that the plot is taking, but I don't think Mel should fall for Vidanric too soon. There still has to be some of the animosity that we all know and love from Crown Duel, and Vidanric can't have Mel unless he can prove that he is worthy of her and they can meet mind to mind. This is already one of my favortite Sherwood Smith fanfics and I waited forever for this chapter. Please update soon. :)
light soceress chapter 8 . 9/13/2009
This is a very interesting take on the story. Though there are two questions I have to ask. You are prob. going to have Galdran killed off in the end but what will the emotional impact on Mel be, even though he is evil he is still he father? I think that will add some more texture to your story if you start thinking about. And what is Flauvic role in the plot? Is he genuinely good in this fic, or does he have some plot to take the throne? Admittedly, the second scenario would be more interesting and angsty but the first one could be if you put some twist into it. You would probably have to build up his character more for the first one and it could be how far would he go to keep her safe? Would he betray her just to keep her safe?

there that are awkward,I would have to re-read some more to points those out but other than that your fic seems sound. Um with the katanas it seems over the top a bit. Do you plan Sartor to be something like the Japanese culture or some other asian culture? because it is a bit random along with the fans. with mel being able to fight now and use magic you might want to be careful about how powerful you want to make her be. its a very delicate balance btwn realistic characters and mary sues. i believe another author has commented on that already. just a little warning. other than that i really enjoy reading your fic. srry for the long review and i hope it help not hindered you
lily chapter 8 . 9/10/2009
dialogues were in no ways boring! loved it. am so happy you decided to continue with this story.

i don't care if you write from danric's pov, as long as you keep writing because it would be such a waste of talent if you stopped.

this story is really great. really original.
Mrs. Dom Masbolle chapter 8 . 9/9/2009
oy vey... she is getting herself in so much trouble! So galdran poisoned nee because of how mel reacted at dinner?

I think Mel should run away with bran and then danric houses her at renselaeus and keeps her safe... in this story wouldn't it be better for her to realize he is on her side...?

please update soon!
math music reading chapter 8 . 9/9/2009
The dialogues weren't boring at all, this was intense. It all flows very well and everything is so reasonable and realistic, you just need to watch for minor errors. I'd love Vidanric's POV for the scene, it would give more hints to what will happen in future chapters since he has more of a plan. I'm really amazed at how you can come up with your work, your creativity and originality are stunning.
Dumbledore's Heir chapter 8 . 9/9/2009
fantastic development of the story. I really want to see more interaction with vidanric and mel. I think you write about them beautifully.

I love danric, but I reckon continuing with mel would be good at this stage, only to keep the drama and tension you've developed in the last few chapters going.

Great work. keep it up.

can't wait to read more.

hope you had a good trip
Alanna chapter 8 . 9/9/2009
Yay yay yay yay!

I've been waiting for you to update for a while now!

I really want to see what happens and would prefer if you continued with Meliara's point of view. I think you've developed a good pace at the moment.

But if you've already started Vidanric's point of view, I of coure wouldn't mind reading it.

When are they going to realise they think the same thing?
Dumbledore's Heir chapter 6 . 8/29/2009
cliffhanger. want to know what's happening I do.

Love your conversation between vidanric and meliara. Spot on and a thrill to read.

Keep it up. This story is fast becoming one of my favourites.
Dumbledore's Heir chapter 5 . 8/29/2009
3 words. i love bran! Yay!
Dumbledore's Heir chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
really thought that this chapter was top quality. fantastic start to a story that looks to be promising (which is great because there seems to be a decreasing amount of sherwood smith fanfiction appearing at the moment).

Keep up the good work.