Reviews for the Heart
verity candor chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
Your writing... is so gorgeous. You have a beautiful, flowing writing style, and I just love reading it. The fantastic characterization of Remus here, with his loneliness, and his despair - it's utterly wonderful. You really do a wonderful job capturing his decline, and both his acceptance and dissatisfaction with that. I love the way you wrote his attraction to Cho, how he's filled with self-disgust about it, and how his primary attraction to her is her innocence and her aliveness. And the numerous reflections on the heart and it's physicality, and his lycanthropy allowing him a much deeper sensory perception of people really made this so much more insightful. Really a fantastic piece of writing.
puddle-of-lemonade chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
It really takes skill as a writer to take the unlikely and the bizarre ( at least to me, in regards to this pairing ) and make it so real and special :) I really enjoyed this, especially your unique style of writing.
emmmmpty profile chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
Amazing, thanks.
WuHaoNi chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
An absolutely fascinating story, plotline and characterizations. I don't think I've ever read anything like it. I truly enjoyed reading it; you have a very distinct and unique writing style that stands leagues apart from most of the other stories on here. Thanks for such an interesting read! :)
Wotcher-Tonks chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
oh, this was amazing. I especially liked how you referred to him as , it gave the piece a sort of sense of detachment even while you were dwelling on intimate subjects, and that was a very nive effect. I also liked how his werewolf senses were a part of him even when he was not in the transformation. And I loved how you tied in the theme of the heart. The last line was really good, a sharp ending to the ort of dream like state of the piece.
Static Lull chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
AKLDJS;F!

I have to say, when I clicked on this I wasn't expecting anything marvelous, but you've ohsototally blown my expectations out of the water. Like seriously.

You've made such an unlikely pairing as RemusCho work, and work in such a way that is absolutely beautiful and awkward and heartaching. Your Lupin is perfect in ways I have yet to read-it's absouletly definitely spot on. And the style you wrote this with seems perfect for Remus, it's analytical and wordy and baleful and all that jazz. I also reallyreallylikewoah loved how you described Lupin's fixation with the body and how he can smell breath and hear heartbeats and uncertainty.

It's wonderful. Not to mention the pair's interactions in general. Plus, I have to say, I adored your description of Cho too. Perfect.

!