Reviews for Induced Vertigo
Kyrene once Blood Roses chapter 1 . 5/31
Yay! Fic where Rory breaks up with Dean regardless of what Jess is doing! Right, so not the point of the story. Still made me happy.

So this was great. The way you write it I had a wobbly moment right along with her. Seriously, it's about a girl accidentally getting drunk at a party for the first time and you write it so beautifully. You have a very poetic prose. It's pretty fantastic.

Jess was great. The way you described him through Rory's haze was even better. I knew exactly what was going on through his head even if she didn't. It was pretty amazing that I could read his fear of the situation through another character's head when she wasn't entirely aware of the danger she was in.

This is really a favorite though.
open hearts catch dreams chapter 1 . 5/15
I've read this so many times and am still kind of floundering over how to put my love for it into something cohesive. Its beautiful.

Rory's head is a turbulent place to be at the best of times, and I feel like you captured that. I also love her on account of her having the courage to just say what she actually wants and then go after it. Paris' brief cameo is lovely - the fact that she can so easily read Rory and deduce just who she called. I love your characterisation of Jess, here, too. I can see this version of him fitting perfectly into the show. He's faceted; I love the concern and the worry over the phonecall, the 'do not fuck with me' fury when he shows up to get her away from the party, the flashes of amusement at handling a very, very sloshed Rory and the strained, frustrated moments that fill the spaces between. I love the way he's almost afraid of her the following morning, treading so carefully, keeping a distance and giving her an out, and yet - confronted - he doesn't just fall apart for her. It reads like giving in and kissing her wrecked him. He wants this girl completely, not in stolen pieces or to share, and I love that he's angry over it. Such a well crafted scene that feels true to them.

In many ways, I feel like this story is really more Jess' than Rory's; she was simply there to tell it.

But my favourite thing by far about this is your narration itself. The writing is beyond words. I love that it begins with a fairly somewhat normal flow, and the later the evening gets, and the more Rory drinks, the more staggered and broken the writing becomes. The sentences become shattered pieces, disconnected and following their own, tenuous logic through Rory's own streaming thoughts.

It reads like you're falling into this haze of alcohol right along with her. Some bits made me laugh aloud. Its not really a funny story; its deeper than that, but the tangential nature of the narrative allows you a glimpse into what Jess sees, and why he finds Rory amusing in this state, even if you're still spun-drunk with her.

I love that as I read it, (talking about the not-sober parts, here) I very much get the feeling that I'm not seeing anything. Not much attention is paid to where Rory or Jess moves; any action or gestures they make. There's very little spatial awareness other than the scenes before the party, and those the following day. You've written a story that has a reader experience through sound, smell and pure sensation rather than being able to visualise images based on what you're telling us. Its the only story I've ever read that does that, and does it so very well.

I don't know how much sense I just made for you (or even if you still get review notifications), so I'm going to stop here. I've loved this story for a long time, and even now I feel like I haven't adequately described why. The characters are great but its the narration that is so unique and talented. Great work.
Smile Back chapter 1 . 4/27
Wow...
I forgot that it only has one chapter... felt like more. And woah. you write one hell of a story!
czars chapter 1 . 3/16
i just finished rewatching s2 and there is so much i wanted to happen in it and this fits into it perfectly. it was so great.

the setup, the drunken rambles, the 3am call. all of it perfect.
jess letting her get away with forgetting what happened, gahh!

thank you.
Tearrer chapter 1 . 8/7/2015
I really enjoyed your story. It's hard to come by a well written GG fic, to be honest, but this was definitely in that criteria. Great job!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/9/2015
You are an amazing writer! I am sad that I found your fics so many years after you wrote them and you may not be reading reviews anymore. The way you write Jess gives me goosebumps.
Serenity'sVision chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
LOVE it!
new.around.here chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
I usually do not review, but I really enjoyed the story, very " in the character" written and I believe it deserves more than 40 reviews.
BlindTurtle8104 chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
this story was so amazingly good! i love literati and reading stories about them, and this is definately something that could have happened between them. you really captured the characters well, and this story definately made me love jess more (if that's possible haha). i love your stuff. keep it up :)
HelloSunshine89 chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
Holy fuck, I get lost in the beauty that is your writing. Seriously. You make me want to be a better writer, which is high praise. I know I'll never achieve what you have going on, cause your style is all your own and too perfect but if I could just absorb a little bit of you, I'd be infinitely better. It's so wonderful to have someone with your talent around these parts. Everything you write is so beautiful, yet parts of it are so broken, which speaks volumes for the Rory and Jess relationship. I don't know if you realize that, but when it's broken and fragmented, it's so Rory and Jess it's haunting.

I just love the way you write. I can't wait to make it through your collection of stories, eventually.

Keep doing what you're doing, cause it works so fucking well, girl.

And this was beautiful and insane and simple and right. But I'm sure you knew that.
Kayseetwin chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
Eheee! Happy! You're writing makes me so happy!

That was cute and had all the lovely angst that I need in order to truly love a R/J fic. So yay!
MorgauseNokami chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
Ah, very very good. The banter and the feelings and the whole thing. Took me a while to find a decent GG fanfic on here, but I'm glad I bothered to look.
Roberta Sparrow chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Love it. At first, I really thought it was uncharacteristic for Paris to really push the party-going experience, but then you explained it later. It was funny to read, full of suspense, and just breathtaking. I love it!
lalatina15 chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
This was wonderfully done and seriously brightened my day. How it only has 34 reviews is beyond me.

Drunk!Rory letting go of her inhibitions and kissing Jess... I DIED. AWESOME.
Djux chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
33 reviews? seriously? what is wrong with ppl?

oh well,

I fell in love with this story. I love how you write. It's so beautiful, so real, so so vivid and so GG! You stay true to the characters ..I'm really at a loss for words ..so I'll just say a big thank you for this :)) thank U so much!
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »