Reviews for Brain Matter
Mystikwriter chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
Touching. Poignant. Heart-warming. Just the first words that come to my mind while reading this.
Lettered chapter 2 . 6/16/2009
Well, I missed Home today, but these totally made up for it. You need to write forever. I mean, Sandlot forever: For-EV-VER. We should fund this shit. And I would! If I could.

Spock observing Kirk was sweet. Spock observing Bones: hilarious, particularly the part about "damn" used more than words such as "hello".

I loved the first snippet too, of course particularly the last line, and the part about how he doesn't want to have to stand Spock dying. I particularly love that because-I like romance and eroticism as much as the next person, but mostly I just want Kirk and Spock to love each other. They can have sex or not. Mostly I just want there to be real, deep love. And-that was here and it was beautiful.

My favorite part though was Sulu. I felt like there wasn't time in the new movie to do much with his character, so I've been looking at TOS. Sadly, there's not actually that much development in TOS, either. One of the only ones that has any is Naked Time. So I look at Sulu brandishing a sword and think, "Okay, what kind of guy is this dude?" and what I come up with is...actually, someone a lot like Jim. Someone who's brave and adventurous and take charge and probably too melodramatic and egotastic, but someone who would make a good captain. I love that Jim's assessment in this was similar to mine and for similar reasons. It gave me warm squishies.

I haven't been reviewing every chapter of Home, but I want you to know how special it is to me. Every day me and my housemate make sure we have both read the chapter, and then squee over our favorite parts. Thank you for giving it to us.
franzme chapter 2 . 6/16/2009
“And you picked Bones? Wow. Way to jump in feet-first, Spock.”

LOL! Fabulous.
signofthetimes chapter 2 . 6/16/2009
I'm in pain from laughing so hard.

I kind of love you.
gwynhefar chapter 2 . 6/16/2009
Ok, so it's not quite a new chapter of Home, but these did show up in my inbox not long after I sat down to reread sections of Home in the hopes of calling a new chapter into existence, so I conclude that this technique maintains its effectiveness.

And now you've got me talking like Spock. Wonderful.

(Oh, and these are great! Any time you want to toss out a few more, I certainly won't complain *g*)
WindAlias chapter 2 . 6/16/2009
Heh chapter 2 is funny. '"Shit creek, Captain?"'

Priceless.

And yeah, I wish I could write all dialogue and not sound like a wierdo.
WindAlias chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
Okay so after I've commandered my place, I'll actually give you a review!

I liked those paragraphs. Sulu, Chekov, and Jim's were probably my favorites. Though those are practically all of the paragraphs. Apologies.

On the brain stuttering thing, whatever. You've already spoiled us too much- enjoy the stutterness, even if it's unpleasant.:D
Neuronerd chapter 2 . 6/16/2009
Go Sulu! And Bones does say damn more than hello, but that is why we love him. Great little dribbles.
WindAlias chapter 1 . 6/16/2009