Reviews for Vinegar & Salt
Tonnerre chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
That was literally perfect. James losing the strength to care about anything. the downright sexual thrill he took in killing her, the fact that he couldn't even bring himself to wail after he killed Mary. THIS is the James we see in Silent Hill 2. Masterful.
xSummonerYunax chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Absolutely wonderful! I've developed a newfound appreciation and love for the couple as well as the game because of your stories. Please, I hope you write more SH/RE stories in the future. You're amazing with them!
The Illegible chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
Wow, first time reading a Silent Hill fic. The scenery and language fit in very well with the game, and the end was kind of sickening-very effective, so kudos! As a small critique it might've been nice to see some sentence length variation. Like, "In a time passed, the lawn used to be neatly trimmed, cut once a week, on Saturdays before the sun was high enough to make work all but impossible in a sweltering heat, and beds of flowers circled the foundation, a band of lilies and tulips and chrysanthemums to add a more feminine touch," might have been easier to absorb divided into several parts. The characterization was spot on though, loved how you added in detail and a baby to flesh out James and Mary a little more. Basically, nice job!
chumato chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
This story is so haunting and beautiful. It has deepened my view of the game's story and added a more clear humanity to it all. Well done.
LabyrinthDweller chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
Absolutely amazing. I haven't read a fic this good in forever and a day. You portrayed their relationships between each other perfectly, and it only makes me appreciate the both of them more. Words cannot express my love for how you've written this piece and how much I adore it.

I have to say my favorite part was when James mused that even he'd gotten so used to Mary's frail body that he thought of her as being beautiful once again.

Keep it up, seriously.

~LabyDwell
Navy-Girl-12 chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
Loved it. Very touching. You don't see much with these two on here, which is sad considering she i sthe reason he went to Silent Hill, I can't stand that JamesxPyramid Head crap, but this, this was golden.
Angelic Hellraiser chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
All I can really say is 'wow'. :)

Faved!