Reviews for Firefighter
crownoflaurel chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
I love Tony's opinion on Pepper's nickname (I've got to get myself a cool nickname like that - people will pay far more attention to me). I think the description of his house being 'dropped from a helicopter onto a cliff and somehow having managed to cling to it instead of falling into the sea' is maybe one of the best descriptive lines I've read in months. I am highly curious as to why Jarvis thinks Pepper is a 'sir' and why Tony smells like paprika.

Also, I at first felt really bad for Destiny (though I was horribly amused by Tony's 'Okay, I know she has a name...') but by the end of this I completely understood why Tony was hiding in the closet. I even sympathized with him ignoring his one night stands in the hopes they'd go away, which makes you a very good writer, because that is really very Not Nice.
Autumn Moon Fae chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
Oh my Jarvis, this is hilarious. Love.
Say This Pen Name Is Available chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
In between the parallels to the first movie's sequence with Christine Everhart and the flawless representation of Pepper and Tony you have a definite winner here. The hilariously unique, but still appropriate, details like Jarvis's voice recognition issues round off the piece. Meanwhile the writing is a smooth as butter and lines like:

"It was sort of like the voice of God. Only more British than Pepper imagined the voice of God sounding."

"Salary...well, obviously I'm going to pay you an obscene amount of money to put up with my shenanigans."

and "The pizza boy was very upset the other day. He's at that awkward age."

kept me laughing the whole story. A standing ovation is in order.
Kyuubi16 chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
needs more writers like you. This is the work of greatness. Fun, believable, in character and just so great.
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
You know, it's very likely that that scenario or something very similar was how she was hired. Very good story.
Bookworm85 chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
I love it! So funny.
lord Martiya chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Good luck, Pepper. You'll need it. That, and much patience.
The-Sun-Princess chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
That. Was great :)
Tince chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
You've got a knack for Tony-Pepper.

More please (someday).
adamjb chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
Great story. Has the same feeling as the movie.
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
This was adorable! I can definitely picture this happening with Tony and Pepper's first meeting. They were definitely in-character and it was very well written. Great job on this!
Livia2001 chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
lol! I love it. I could picture it in my mind!
peppermintflame chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
You have really captured the tone here. The repartee just sizzle with innuendo, sarcasm, and wit.

My one complaint is: it's too short!

I finished it in less then five minutes. I've also read all your other stories.

This makes me sad.

There are no more A Wandering Minstrel stories.

..maybe if I look sad and pathetic, there will be more? ;)
Essex chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
Great job. I love reading little slice-of-life one-shots.
MarbleGlove chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Awesome! In many, many ways.
50 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »