Reviews for One Departure, Four Arrivals
JulieCS chapter 5 . 3/20
I really enjoyed this story!
The first ending was great!
The second was so sad!
The third was really great!
The last one was a little bit bittersweet!

But they all are so well written!
BerryEbilBunny chapter 5 . 5/13/2011
I loved the fourth chapter the most! May was SO adorable!

However, the fifth ending was so sad. I was literally pouting half the time.

Good job.
Ica44 chapter 5 . 11/14/2009
Is it alright if I just reach into your story and smack Logan on the back of the head and shout at him to stop being such a big fat baby, sulking? Or, could you have OC do it? Ooh, why do they have to be so infuriating? Get over it!

Really enjoyed your 'choose your own adventure' fic. I definitely pick #1, though I wouldn't mind #3 (but I'd rather that it was their little niblet, rather than a clone :)
Ica44 chapter 4 . 11/14/2009
Sigh... that was MUCH nicer than Ch 3. And the thought of Logan spoiling his daughter rotten with a million toys was just too sweet for words. I can really picture him as a daddy.
Ica44 chapter 3 . 11/14/2009
Well, Ch 3 knocked me out of the warm, fuzzy place pretty damn fast. WAY too sad... Poor Max.
Ica44 chapter 2 . 11/14/2009
Sigh... Ch 2 was lovely. All warm and fuzzy and 'if only...'. Don't know if I want to go on and read the less fluffy ones...
jfg207 chapter 5 . 9/12/2009
Don't let it stop here, just when the two are talking and being together for whatever reason, please.
anatolealice chapter 5 . 7/25/2009
Chapter 4 was my absolute favourite - love the idea of Logan raising a mini-Max as their daughter.

I'm so glad you're still writing DA fic. Thank you!
Marcus Sylenus chapter 5 . 6/30/2009
I can't believe I missed the last two chapters! :(

The last one I kinda expected, although you did a great job with it nonetheless. The fourth one, now...I was really (and very pleasantly) surprised. I had thought you might do something like Logan having a girlfriend, maybe a pregnant one, but Mini-Max really got me :).

Very good work, hope you keep the DA stories coming.
Mari83 chapter 5 . 6/24/2009
“She's thankful that he doesn't ask where she'd been and why she never called, thankful that he he doesn't let go of her hand when he asks her if she's hungry.

She watches him prepare her a snack in the dimly lit kitchen and for the first time in her life feels like she belongs.”

I think this is my favorite scene, wordless understanding…

“There are various items strewn all over the floor, and it's the last place she'd expect to see them.

Logan's apartment is littered with toys.”

Interesting scenario, certainly unexpected.

''Where were you?'' She blurts, and he raises his eyebrows over the rim of him wire-framed glasses in surprise.

''Where was I?''

It's no surprise when she finds him staring out the window in his usual brooding post, and it hurts her to see him like this again.”

Most interesting is this one with Logan retreating, pretending that nothing happened, the unspoken reproach in repeating Max’s question. And the angst and insecurity and untimeliness…

Off to read the sad one… maybe… and then the fluffy one again right after.
Mari83 chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
Love the idea of this even though the first chapter alone would have made me happy.

"There's silence outside, and she feels a surge of hope that he changed his mind, but then he starts the car and drives away, back to Seattle, back to his mission."

Great addition, so sad.

"She wakes Zack in the middle of the night and demands them to go, now. The thoughts about Logan are driving her crazy and she's afraid she'll never really leave if she stays here for a single more minute."

Just so captures the unfair impossibility of it, wanting him to stay and forcing herself to go. The dream fits right in there…

"She tells Zack that she'll go back in six months and not a day longer, which only earns her another lecture about phony sentimentality that will get her and her friends killed."

Max’s decision that her stay in Canada won’t be ‘forever’ but only the minimum time until it’s save again is a rare, cool and much more logical idea. (And arg, if only she had told Logan…)

"Noelle seems to understand her pain and the need to talk to someone about him and never complains.

When Noelle suggests that she calls him, she can think of a dozen reasons why she shouldn't, and she's not allowed to tell her a single one."

I really like this softer Max, finding herself almost becoming friends with someone, needing someone with whom she can share her feelings for Logan. Just shows how she has changed in her years in Seattle, used to having friends around – and in way the situation is pretty similar again, sharing a bit but separated by her secret identity.

Thanks for the luxury of five chapters in such a short time…
Lady Anthea chapter 4 . 6/22/2009
All endings are great!

My favorite was Chapter 4, it was really interesting all about May... I like the way Logan said to Max why he named her May, and it was funny when she appears while they're almost gettin busy xD

The frustrating ending was that, frustrating. But it was comprehensible that Logan felt that way. Anyway, there's hope for Max and I like that.

Really good story.
Brian2008 chapter 5 . 6/18/2009
I enjoyed this story! I thought having alternate endings made for a very clever and interesting format and I liked the way you use the present tense for the narration. I think it gives the story a sense of immediacy like the reader is there as the story unfolds in real time.
coolkitty154 chapter 5 . 6/18/2009
aw that was such a sad story! (or stories). But that was AWESOME! :D

ur such a good author... omg. great job. :)
nattylovesu chapter 5 . 6/18/2009
yay!

these were great, and somehow you got my vote on MAY

Thanks for the initiative and keeping the hope alive!