Reviews for Voices of the Infection
The Alien of Pluto chapter 6 . 6/20
This is the most in-depth exploration of Karen Parker and her relationship with Dr. Mercer I have ever read. I loved it. It's a different take on Mercer's life and it fleshes out Karen's story in a way the game failed. Thanks for this!
Vullinia chapter 15 . 4/16
Wow, was not expecting an update after this long, but I'm glad you did, it's nice to be reminded how much I love this game.
whycantifindafriknusername chapter 14 . 4/9
Wow, its been many years, but i've only just gotten the game, and i wanted to read more about the characters, especially introspections, explorations of Alex, both pre infection and after infection, as well as the Marines and Blackwatch soldiers and what they thought of ZEUS. Burke is a particular favorite of mine, lol. The awe he expressed around Alex, as well as immediately realizing who he was, i absolutely loved. I think chapter 13 was my favorite, it was so interesting! I wish there were more fics that explored the marines and their violent and not-so-violent interactions with Alex. This collection definitely needs more love and attention.
Laluzi chapter 14 . 11/30/2016
Goddamn, this hurts. I wish I was half as talented as writing Alex being as fucked up as he is as you are, because this is incredible. Even if my soul is busy sobbing in the corner. Everything hurts. I think it's because this makes too much /sense/. Argh.
Ibskib chapter 14 . 11/25/2016
It's sad when the sentient virus that ate her brother is both a better person and brother than the original, naturally it's difficult for her to accept that :-)
Cakes Blargh chapter 14 . 11/24/2016
I think you're the only one who could write Prototype this way and do it well. It's grim, unbearably grim at times but it's done so well. Maybe because the characters feel raw and real. And reality isn't so nice at times.

To tell you the truth, the reason this fic isn't in my fav list was because of the writing mood, the theme you set on. It's not my cup of tea. That as well as the fact most chapters are 'one-shots', so I'm not going to be invested to some long-running plot or a continuation of a previous chapter (unless it's expanding it like you did for this chapter). But your writing is just that good and one of the best for me to get over this.
DragonlordRynn chapter 1 . 11/23/2016
We need more stories like yours. It is a really good story.
DarkGidora chapter 14 . 11/22/2016
I think the first half of this chapter (or at least an early draft of it) got posted already; Chapter 8 has up to her being chased down.

That said, I liked the first half, and rereading it made me note things I missed (God damn, the line "Alex was going to tell it all to her, tell her why he was the good guy..." is amazing). You have a knack for making characters feel very real. And once we got to new material... holy fuck.

Alex's rambling was handled very well; she wanted the whole story and he gave her the version he was capable of piecing together ... I like the pinballing around; him interjecting about Karen, that he doesn't know, through the people he consumed, the whole story. It's wonderfully messed up when coupled with the impulses he has; a need to chase, wanting her to keep her voice down because screaming around him doesn't work out well.

I liked how you handled Dana; the build across the chapter as left to her own devices with a mountain of evidence against Alex was good, as was her reaction when he shows up to profoundly not help things. Drawing conclusions on his unstable behavior based off how her brother acted as a kid, the aforementioned "tell her why he was the good guy" line, her reactions to his rambling. It's all well done and believable, given how in the dark she was kept.

Then you get to the truth of who caused Penn Station, and that final breakdown was great (I really like the "...for the first time since he had arrived he seemed relaxed." line when he lets slip who let it loose). Her reaction to it was believable, and falling back on believing the best of her brother and assuming what ZEUS was saying was meant to screw with her is very effective. It's just tragic since we know his version's closer to the truth, but there is little reason for her to really roll with that given what assumptions she's bene operating under this whole time, what he's said, and how he's acting.

And the wrap up was great. Thank you for uploading.
GuesssWho chapter 14 . 11/22/2016
Poor kids
Ibskib chapter 7 . 3/24/2015
Made me laugh showed another side of Rooks, and that even in a dark world there's still room for bright spots.
A fitting title.
DarkGidora chapter 13 . 9/30/2014
I always liked this bit. You really are good at handling a variety of perspectives and voices in your writing, and I like the boots-on-the-ground view of the Prototype Marines; on the frontlines, in the dark about everything.

That bit at the end with Burke... does it tie into Mercer's plans and tests in the past couple of chapters?
Aronim chapter 13 . 9/28/2014
I really like these little shorts, even though it has a terrible, tense feel that everything will go wrong and launch into Prototype 2 canon. Still, great work needs praise, so: Great work.

You should maybe proofread again. For example, you repeat yourself in the "Telling the truth would get them likely get them killed".

Happy writing.
Aronim chapter 12 . 9/28/2014
This is really interesting and well-written, though the tragedy your making of Mercer is saddening. Then again, unless you decide to ignore Prototype 2, there is no other way to go.
GuesssWho chapter 12 . 8/19/2014
She has NO IDEA
DarkGidora chapter 12 . 8/16/2014
This was intriguingly unsettling.

The sort of manic, oblivious to others characterization you have down with Mercer is interesting, as is the idea he'd try to make a "friend" with someone with no idea who he was. At times the misinterpretations made by the viewpoint character were a somewhat distracting, but it was an engaging read nonetheless.

You mentioned other "tests" earlier, both including ones that worked and ones that were only partially successful. Will we get a glimpse of those in the future?

As a complete aside, now I have the opening verses to that song stuck in my head.