Reviews for Voices of the Infection
Ibskib chapter 7 . 3/24
Made me laugh showed another side of Rooks, and that even in a dark world there's still room for bright spots.
A fitting title.
DarkGidora chapter 13 . 9/30/2014
I always liked this bit. You really are good at handling a variety of perspectives and voices in your writing, and I like the boots-on-the-ground view of the Prototype Marines; on the frontlines, in the dark about everything.

That bit at the end with Burke... does it tie into Mercer's plans and tests in the past couple of chapters?
Aronim chapter 13 . 9/28/2014
I really like these little shorts, even though it has a terrible, tense feel that everything will go wrong and launch into Prototype 2 canon. Still, great work needs praise, so: Great work.

You should maybe proofread again. For example, you repeat yourself in the "Telling the truth would get them likely get them killed".

Happy writing.
Aronim chapter 12 . 9/28/2014
This is really interesting and well-written, though the tragedy your making of Mercer is saddening. Then again, unless you decide to ignore Prototype 2, there is no other way to go.
GuesssWho chapter 12 . 8/19/2014
She has NO IDEA
DarkGidora chapter 12 . 8/16/2014
This was intriguingly unsettling.

The sort of manic, oblivious to others characterization you have down with Mercer is interesting, as is the idea he'd try to make a "friend" with someone with no idea who he was. At times the misinterpretations made by the viewpoint character were a somewhat distracting, but it was an engaging read nonetheless.

You mentioned other "tests" earlier, both including ones that worked and ones that were only partially successful. Will we get a glimpse of those in the future?

As a complete aside, now I have the opening verses to that song stuck in my head.
cocain2 chapter 10 . 6/27/2014
Brilliant update, I can't get enough of your you for putting fort so much effort despite the relative obscurity of the story, your fans really appreciate it.
DarkGidora chapter 11 . 6/25/2014
I'm liking this take on the interval between the two games. I like the way you fleshed out Ragland's backstory; explaining what exactly he was up to during the time in Gentek. Him working for Blackwatch all along's an interesting twist; and goes a long way to explaining why he never ended up "disappearing" despite his relation to the project and the bit McMullen pulled with the Penn Station bodies.

Also, were you alluding to WHITELIGHT with Ragland's "harmless" strain being a plan for a cure and delivery mechanism?
Aronim chapter 10 . 6/23/2014
Oh, damn, is this supposed to be an alternate reason for the plot of Prototype 2? Because I love the thought of Alex taking control of the infection but not so much him jumping off the slippery slope.

Still, great chapter.
Aronim chapter 8 . 6/23/2014
Great chapter. Her search for videos and those she finds sound completely like I imagine it would be in real life and I really love Dana's thoughts and worries.

And the ending is darkly hilarious, again. Love it and love how it builds on and shows Alex's alien side.
Aronim chapter 7 . 6/23/2014
Bwahahahaha. Ponies... Ponies everywhere. This is Dresden Files all over again. I love it, it's adorable and a little heartbreaking.
Aronim chapter 6 . 6/23/2014
Sucks to be Karen too. Alex the human was a genius psychopath. Too bad he grew a conscience too late for Karen. Still, I understand her last reaction, it is darkly funny in a way that would probably get a person as terrified as her to start laughing.
Aronim chapter 5 . 6/23/2014
Yes. I love people who agree with me that Alex (the virus) is, at least after some time in the game, a good person, just also callous, ruthless and lacking social skills. Good shot.
Aronim chapter 4 . 6/23/2014
Guuuh, it must suck being Alex. Still, him being revolted by his "true form" makes him seem very human somehow. All the other forms conform to the general humanoid shape after all.
Aronim chapter 2 . 6/23/2014
I kinda love seeing Alex interacting with oblivious people. And it seems that he is either much more human in these shorts than many writers decide or that his disguises go more than skin deep when he dons them. Either way, good job.