Reviews for Second Nature
Fives32 chapter 26 . 6/7
Can't wait for more updates.
MagisterAkane chapter 26 . 4/28
I have just devoured this fic in about 5 hours instead of doing homework due tomorrow and have to come to the conclusion that its the BEST avatar fanfiction I have read (and I've read a lot). I couldn't stop. I can't even put into words how much I've enjoyed this story and want to read more. I love Zuko so much and this story has made me cry multiple times. He's been through so so so much and reading that last part, when he's finally reunited with Iroh, was beautiful and a huge relief. Finally, after all the pain and terror he's been through, he's with the one person in the world that can make it okay. I'm very emotional right now. You have no idea. I hope that one day you will continue this story. I will be eagerly waiting and in the mean time I shall re read this over and over and over again. Thank you for the emotional roller coaster.
NotToBeABitchBut chapter 26 . 4/6
I absolutely adore this story. Everyone's in character and the point of divergence and its consequences are so well handled I can't even begin to explain how impressed I am. I know this story is probably dead but it deserves to be said: this is probably one of the best zuko fics I've ever read.
Sue Clover chapter 26 . 3/6
I have so many feels for this story. I sort of stayed up into the middle of the night reading it instead of doing my homework. It's not the first time that's happened, nor will it be the last, though I hope I can at some point learn to restrain my for-fun reading to after I finish my work. But anyway, I really like everything you've done with this story. Zuko's suffering, and his subsequent journey to deal with it, as well as everything else that's going on, are really poignant and seem very real to me. I want to see Zuko open up to Iroh, and watch him heal slowly, and decide to work with the Gaang, and find his place in the world. I want to know what happens! But the story just stops, and it hasn't been updated in FIVE YEARS - I don't have much hope you'll continue it, but I still really really hope you do, if that makes any sense. I'll keep an eye out, at any rate.
BBLimits chapter 26 . 2/16
... Just letting you know there still are people falling in love with this story.
It's everything the summary promised it would be, and much more; I love the way you delved deeper in everybody's characterization and how they feel so real.
The plot kept twisting in unexpected ways, and your OCs were nothing shy of charming.
I know it has been five years since you wrote this story, but I just... wanted to thank you for the ride, I guess.
So, really, thank you,
bbl
(and please forgive my horrible grammar and over-dramatic tendencies)
airichan623 chapter 25 . 1/6
I love the way you've handled Mai. So many people make her a crazy psycho. She's sympathetic, and the Maiko makes sense. Love it. (And this is coming from a Zutara fan) I'd love to see the end of this series. You have a great understanding of the characters in the series and your OCs are entertaining (Brighteyes is awesome). I know life happens, but you should know you're an amazing writer.
WithinLivesDarkness chapter 26 . 12/14/2014
Please don't leave the story here. I beg you! This is actually one of the good (by that I mean, brilliantly perfect and amazing) Zuko stories, which are rare nowadays.
Kat8615 chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
Urgh. I hate it so much when stuff this good gets discontinued, I just. Urgh. I'll get over it. Eventually. Maybe.
DrWhy chapter 26 . 11/6/2014
I LOVE THIS STORY PLEASE UPDATE SOON ASDFGHJKL!
bookworm83197 chapter 26 . 11/3/2014
\o/ I have read this twice in as many days, and I do believe I may reread this again in the future. XDDD A for wonderful story! (aka LOL LATE AF READER HERE)
By the way, I'd just like to say, Thank You for posting that alert on your author page. It is really disconcerting for fanfics to suddenly drop off the orphan cliff, and holding on to that hope that it will miraculously be updated, only for it to gather dust for years before the author posts a notice.
I have to say, (please nobody shoot me for this) after reading Embers and reading this, I actually prefer this story to Embers. The storyline seems a little more believable, without using Spirits ex Machina for everything. Also, Katara seems less extremist and more stubborn everything-is-black-and-white-because-I-SAY-SO brat. :3
Zuko is such a mama-bear-in-denial. X3 *coos over him* Is it bad to imagine Hoshi bringing some much needed ostrich-horse sense to the teenage angst-fest? (I want someone to dress Katara and Sokka down sooooo much... '-' this is not good...)
...can I say I that Kai is awesome? Because he is a total BAMF, and I kinda wanna seem him beating up people while totally smashed. XDDD
There's probably a bajillion things that I'm forgetting to add to this review, because I laughed, I cried, I had to release my frustrations with hide-bound idiots on angry Beethoven music (very therapeutic :3) and some of the more blatant assumptions made me face-palm.
TL;DR: FJDISLA;JFIEL;AFJEA THIS STORY! *CRIES* SO BEAUTIFUL! 8DDDDD YOU ARE AN AMAZING AUTHOR! 8DDDDDD
(also, thank you for adding page breaks in the later chapters; sometimes the transition between POVs in the early chapters was a bit jarring without warning.)
Completely Confunded chapter 5 . 10/27/2014
... I want to kill Sokka. Not a bad idea? Not a bad idea?! 'Cue hysterical laughter' Okay, I may have too much sympathy for Zuko, but that's just downright cruel!
At this rate, he'll never 'help' them. Willingly, that is.
Merkitten chapter 26 . 10/18/2014
oh man I held off from reading this fic for so long because it hasn't updated in like 4 years but godDAMN is it worth the read. Even if it never gets updated past this point I'm really glad I read it. Some spot on characterizations, interesting OCs, delicious and plausible Zuko!whump and character exploration. Love what's happening with Jin, by the way, that was great.
Several times while reading this story I got to reevaluate/build upon my understanding of events and characters. After looking at them through the lens you've created here, I feel like I have a much better idea behind some of their actions and motivations in canon now than i did when I started.
All in all I just love this to death, super quality writing, interesting plot, many thanks!
12D3 Gorillaz chapter 26 . 10/15/2014
Blargh, I'd say update, but well, seems kinda abandoned. It's added to my follows for the off chance you pick it up again! :D
sparklybutterfly42 chapter 26 . 10/9/2014
Waaaahhh! So beautiful! I know it's been a long time, but please consider updating this! It's an excellent story and all good avatar stories have been abandoned. Please continue!
Arianne 888 chapter 26 . 9/14/2014
Hey there!
I do realize that this is in cryo-stasis but I thought I'd pop in to say that this particular story is my favourite works of fanfiction of all time ever, no superlatives.

Have a great day :)