Reviews for Tiger's Spring
Drill-Pill chapter 18 . 7/10/2010
Was that a metro refremce? :)
richard9311 chapter 18 . 7/9/2010
Another great chapter! Keep it up.
Condor green chapter 18 . 7/8/2010
Nice update.
furandguns chapter 18 . 7/8/2010
Whelp, it won't let me log in, but whatever. Great chapter, keep updating, it is definitely appreciated.

I love how you set Tiger up as pretty much a pacifist, and how well that works in the zone. Oh, and wow, mention of an SSG-82, a rifle most "gun guys" have never even heard of.
Xima chapter 16 . 6/30/2010
I've enjoyed this story quite heartily, but this chapter sticks out in particular. Aside from the general quality of the story, the good grasp on lore and geography, the fallible and believable characters and the meticulous care in making a good and believable world, this particular chapter really blew me away with the Sukhov and Cat and the Tree references.

I'm not sure of your nationality or interests, but just the fact that you knew those two bits of trivia really shows that you as an author put a lot of care into writing this story, and that wins you a lot of points.

And the Marked One makes me giggle every time he's mentioned. That crack about him just asking if anything was interesting in particular really had me laughing. Oh geeze, and the zombie scene. It baffles me how you managed to inject any humor at all into the STALKER universe, but you managed to do so with deft skill.

However, this is a review, though, so I suppose I'm honorbound to at least TRY and keep it from being nothing more than a great big pile of compliments. I suppose if I had anything to say that was negative, it'd be that your writer's voice is a bit spare on details. It works for the story, but it's kind of spotty at times. You seem to scrounge for adjectives when your characters are talking, for instance. "The left-handed stalker scratched his chin", for example. Naturally that's a tricky affair, though, so I can't really fault you for that.

You seem to have a habit of keeping your character descriptions to a bit of a minimum altogether, though. Readers are like goldfish, insofar as they have short attention spans. They need to be reminded what people look like from time to time. More or less everyone save Tiger had precisely one physical run-down, and that was all, and you were just going from memory from then-on. I can't even remember what Olga's hair color is, for instance, much less any of Southpaw's defining features.

In summation, though, I can safely say this: great story, great atmosphere, great characters, write more. You got fave'd.
Tilt chapter 17 . 6/26/2010
Awesome story. You've captured the atmosphere of STALKER excellently. The plot is interesting and good with some decent twists. Tiger is a brilliant character and every other character is good. And I also love how you frequently make references to the games by including cannon characters, describing the artifacts and anomalies, and including key events such as the faction wars.

You've made an amazing story so far. Keep it up!
Fusebox chapter 17 . 6/16/2010
I must say, you sir have captured the atmosphere of STALKER perfectly! Tiger is a fantastic character whose exploits in the zone are a thrill to read. He's just so damn likable.

My only problem is the abundance of cannon characters. I don't mind a few but almost every "chapter" has involved them. While not a game killing problem, it does present possible issues with the story's own intigration into the overall lore.
Pizzle D chapter 17 . 6/11/2010
I love this story.

Strelok is definately my favorite character in the entire series... Probably because without him most of the key events wouldn't have happened.

But it seems like you have everybody in this story, and if they don't make an appearence they at least get a mentioning.

I hope to see more of this story and more Strelok.
von Rhettenstien chapter 17 . 6/8/2010
Very nice. Been a while since you last posted. Glad to see a new chappy. I always thought that the Space anomolies were a bit underwhelming in the series. I mean yeah, most people that wondered into them never came out, but at the same time there are very few of them and they only ever really tie into the story in a sence that you're getting something out of them. I always thought it would be a nice challenge to get pulled into them and try and find the way out
richard9311 chapter 17 . 6/1/2010
Another great chapter
furandguns chapter 17 . 6/1/2010
Great chapter. Love the detail, you don't run into many people in fiction that know about corrosive primers.
Drill-Pill chapter 17 . 6/1/2010
I love it when you read a story so well written you forget the fact that all you're really doing is staring at font. You've taken my imagination and my attention in a chokehold and simply will not let go untill you've finished this story. You have a fan :D
furandguns chapter 8 . 5/22/2010
I am really loving this story, I hope you continue writing it. Thanks for making my week! :P
richard9311 chapter 16 . 5/22/2010
I just read through the whole sixteen chapters and I must say, with all seriousness, that this is the best STALKER fic I have ever read. I really do hope you continue this!
The Grandiloquent Demagogue chapter 16 . 5/21/2010
An incredibly good chapter! Once again you are doing a fine one-man job of keeping STALKER fanfiction alive on . I like the intrigue- it's good to know that outside of the Zone, the great powers are actually expressing interest in it. Having special forces or intelligence operatives characters keeps things interesting. By the way, was the Belarusian refugee things inspired from this: . ?t1025423 ?
83 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »