Reviews for Tiger's Spring
Ultimus Romani chapter 14 . 2/14/2010
I love the little things that you've been putting into the chapters that anyone who played the game would be familiar with; they really help draw me into the story. The quality of your writing is still excellent. I can't wait for more.
AliveForLife chapter 13 . 2/8/2010
Reading this story is like relaxing in a hammock that's rocking between two trees in a garden. It's early autumn, or late summer. The wind is still warm, the sun still shines, but everything is covered with a hint of pleasant, lazy melancholy. It's absolutely delightful.

The vocabulary, the grammar, the style – everything is top notch, inventive and funny. Whas shines in particular is the dialogue - it is alive and vibrant, and as varied as the characters. It's obvious you take the time to polish your work and the characters reflect that. Same goes for the small details that permeate the narrative. Native or researched, they are carefully and skillfully crafted into the whole.

I'm glad to see a more central plot developing, against which Tiger's adventures revolve. I may be missing something, but the plot seems to concern the least explored parts of the games' storylines. It is a health mix of familiar and new.

To conclude - my hat of to you, good sir...or madam. The updates are slow but well worth it. I thank you for the care that you put into the story, and respectfully demand that you continue.
von Rhettenstien chapter 13 . 1/11/2010
Sweet, they finally meet the Marked One. Can't wait to see where this story goes. Obviously in the direction of Strelok finding his identity.
Dangerous Outcast chapter 11 . 10/26/2009
Well written story, and I was drawn to it, since I have just beaten S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadows Of Chernobyl. I can relate to almost every location in the story, as well as find where Clear Sky and SoC mesh.

Well done and I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter.
Guest chapter 11 . 10/25/2009
If you really want to stay true to SOC, in the next chapter Strelok will kill every soldier in Cordon and sell their rifles for cash, and by the time he reaches Bar he'll be wearing a merc/stalker suit, depending on what version you use.
Dark Schtroumpf chapter 11 . 10/24/2009
I haven't played the games but this is a damn well written and engaging story.
von Rhettenstien chapter 11 . 10/22/2009
Sweet Chappy! The beginning kind of reminded me of some of my modded exploits in clear sky. It's obviously a soc story now which answered my only question. Anywho, I'm stoaked for the next chapter.
The Grandiloquent Demagogue chapter 11 . 10/22/2009
Utterly excellent story and demands more readership. Once again, we have a stellar author almost singlehandedly keeping a fandom with few stories in play with awesome, sheer awesomeness. Professionally-written prose. Colorful and distinctive characterization. Interesting storyline- I've always liked stories where it is a competent- yet tangential- character watching the real hero/main character unfold the story. Here's hoping more will read it.
vonrhettenstien chapter 10 . 10/8/2009
I must say that I was fairly amazed when I found this story. It effortlessly blends two of my favorite things. Those things being a great story and a story centered on the zone. Bravo! Tiger is an interesting fellow, and even the oddest plot twists are great, because how often has the zone completely changed when everyone finally thought that they had it figured out?
Sandorius chapter 8 . 9/17/2009
This is a wonderful piece of work. I think you've got the atmosphere down just right. Plus, it's great to see a nod to the book that inspired STALKER (graviconcentrates!) Do keep updating it!
Charles chapter 7 . 8/30/2009
This story is excellent! I could not find anything wrong with it please write more!
Ultimus Romani chapter 5 . 7/29/2009
And this, fellow stalkers, is why we suppress our weapons. Another good chapter, I look forward to more.
AliveForLife chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
This is an absolutely delightful read. It's not easy to lure a reader but you've managed to entrap me from the first page.

The language is descriptive and precise, if a bit verbose. It simetimes gives an impression you wrote and polished this story heavily with a dectionary at the side. Some of the less common words just happen to scratch at the eyes : )

You've managed to transfer the feel of the game, but not of the Zone, methinks. Being such a dangerous place, it deserves a more detailed capture. The dangers are there, and Tiger looks like he knows what he's doing, but I never get the feeling that the Zone is a bit more than just an city dweller's unpleasant walk through a forest. Perhaps I'm being finicky.

I love the characters, I do. They're wery well drawn out individually and are quite beleivable. I particularly enjoyed the beginning scene in the Bar, and the mention of the ever-watchful Zhorik with his shotgun : ) I'm eyeing Tiger warily, since I expect he will develop a stronger presence and we'll have a bit more to learn about him.

I can't say I've noticed any indications of the general plot, aside from what seems like a string of game-like quests for Tiger. I think the striped fella deserves a thoroughly involving story and a fitting ending to boot.

With the bashing out of the way, I await eagerly for the continuation of Tiger's tale. I think you're doing a great job and should continue updating this story. As soon as you can. Like now. Seriously.
Punishment Due chapter 4 . 7/6/2009
A pretty cool story you have going here, it's well written and you did an excellent job of capturing the feel of the game, hope to read more soon.
Qwaar-jet858 chapter 4 . 6/30/2009
Nice this story captures the feel of a game that is very hard to write about.
107 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 Next »