Reviews for No Shining Knight
KingOfTheRock chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
I really like what you've done here. At first it seemed a bit OOC for Sokka to be so calm and acceptive about being saved constantly, but you showed it well that he just grew up. Also, I loved the way you treated Toph, calling her "the woman", as it presented her in a whole new light. No one ever referred to her as womanly on cannon, so that really showed his love for her.

But, it would have been even better if you hadn't written her name in the end. You made it clear enough that was clear he was talking about Toph the whole time, even without looking at the fic's details. It was nice to read about her in that foggy manner, without her name mentioned. the ending kinda felt like spoon-feeding.

But anyway, like I said... it was a really good story. I like that kind of drabbles.
Kataang1234 chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
Aww I love it! Tokka is so cute!

Good Job.
RandomWarning chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
I thought this story was VERY nicely written. I never would have thought of things like the way Sokka describes them. What with Toph being the hero. Well done and keep up the good work.

~RandomWarning
Gurkblomma chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
I've encoutered this idea before, but I have to say your piece was very well written! It was sweet, and I like that he kind of changed for her. Great job!
JESUSFREAK-And-Proud-Of-It chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
I spotted a couple verb-tense errors ('standing' instead of 'stood'), and in places the detail was a bit vague (for example, when Sokka was saying it was the first time he truely saw Toph, you might rephrase to something along the lines of,'This was the first time I saw her for what she truely had become to me...' and describe a deep, profound, intelligent sounding role that Toph had assumed the place of in Sokka's life).

Overall, the fic was heartfelt, tender, and stunningly emotional for Sokka. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!