Reviews for The Chain
zahra chapter 6 . 1/24/2014
When's the next update :(
Mal chapter 6 . 12/12/2010
:) What a cliffhanger! Please do continue! Your stories have completely captivated me!
Schizowrites chapter 6 . 11/12/2009
That was deep is all I can say.
bittersweet-temari chapter 6 . 11/7/2009
even thuogh the story came out late it's really fine with me n_n you seemed to amaze me evrytime a read your story, and this chapter is a source of a good example/advise on how to understand oneself, not just applicable to shikamaru but also to other people who doesnt really know themselves like me. i dont really know who am i fully, i just based it on how people think i am but denying some fact other people thought of me. and as for shikamaru getting confused of himself made it more realistic i mean yeah he's a genius but even a genius have difficult shit sometimes. and like every other story/chapter you made, you make each in every character act/think natural. well that's what i think of your story i dont know what other people think but for me its perfect! i really like this story and this chapter! no i fell inlove it! it's addicting like cigarettes. good job! i'm still looking forward for the next one!
RealyManlyPimps chapter 6 . 11/6/2009
i will be excited if the update comes much faster this time
Nokito-chan chapter 6 . 11/4/2009
When I first read the author's note and saw the phrase "psychology references", I automatically thought Freud! And that would've been really weird, but I thought Jung's ideas worked really well in terms of the character development.

I loved his conversation with his shadow-self and how he learned things about his own psyche that he did not necessarily want to know about. It has definitely given his character a depth that most fics lack.

There were a few moments where I felt that the sentence structures could've flowed more smoothly but aside from that it was very good.

Can't wait to see how the whole situation is resolved!

~Nokito
ClubSauce chapter 6 . 11/4/2009
Hellyeah I'm excited! I wonder how you will resolve this mess that Shikamaru is in. It's gonna be EPIC isnt it :)
sunaprincess7 chapter 6 . 11/4/2009
possibly the most in depth exploration into Shikamaru's character that I've ever read.

You really have his whole pscyhe down to a tee. It was brilliant to read I must say- I study modern political thought and we're just about to move onto Jung who I was dreading after being dragged through Freud but I'm quite looking forward to it now- I may make notes from this chapter :P

the whole "inner" shadow Shikamaru was ingenius- such a good ploy to be able to explore darker facets of his character without roaming into OOC- it was all very fight club- which was definitely a good thing!:D

one more chapter-is the next chapter the last? say it ain't so!

can't wait for your update!

SP7
Kind of a big deal chapter 6 . 11/4/2009
I like the way you handled the ghost encounter, I figure every story needs a personification of a part of the main character's self for introspection. In this case you went with Shikamaru talking to his subconscience, or so I thought at first. I figured you probably confused it and had meant subconscious instead of unconscious, but then he started to explain more into detail what how he works, and I got what you meant, so that was good.

Also I like how you quickly gave him a personality that's very distinct, ultimately he's an OC but he didn't feel out of place at all. Personally, if you consider what he represents, I would have made him more chaotic and frivolous instead of roguish and almost dominant, but I guess that's because he refers to himself as the shadow, so he has to be a little like that.

Only criticism I can think of, is that with this chapter and the previous one, the events in the plot are not moving as fast as they could be.
Nokito-chan chapter 5 . 10/30/2009
Wow. Loved the imagery. Loved the way you portrayed Shikamaru and Temari's relationship - the undeniable connection threaded through with this feeling that something really bad is going to happen. Poor Shika, though. Damn Danzou. Anyway, aside from a few typing/spelling mistakes, I thought it was brilliant and I'm looking forward to the remaining two chapters so please continue!
alexiel90 chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
awesome chapter...I can't wait for the next one
RealyManlyPimps chapter 5 . 9/18/2009
you had better not take so long to update this time ]
Sand-Jounin-Temari chapter 5 . 9/18/2009
Dun-Dun-Dun! I loved this chapter. Poor Temari. Poor Shikamaru.. Poor everyone! I'm feeling really empathetic with just about everyone in this chapter! Can't wait for the update

-SJT
ClubSauce chapter 5 . 9/18/2009
I just tuned in to the fic and I'm excited for the update! Keep em coming!
sunaprincess7 chapter 5 . 9/18/2009
holy shite, this chapter was AWESOME!

seriously- one of the best written chapters I have ever read on fanfic.

It was just so full of tension and emotion I couldn't get enough!

update soon please!:D